chapter 23

Jasmine was preparing to leave for lunch when Raymond called her through the intercom to come to his office.

Getting up, she smoothened her gown and walked to his office. She opened the door, closing it behind her as she walked inside.
"Yes sir," she said as she stood in front of his desk.

"Please." He gestured towards her to seat down.
She sat down, looking at him.

"So, how are you adjusting to your new job?" he questioned, leaning on the chair.

"I'm adjusting pretty well sir," she told him with a smile.

"Please Jasmine, whenever we are alone just call me by my name, okay," he said to her with a smile.

"Okay, Raymond." She grinned.
It didn't feel weird saying out his name. Yes, he was her boss but they had met already before she got the job. So if he wanted her to call him by his name, she didn't see anything wrong with that. Besides, Raymond haven't made any sexual advances towards her. She was glad that he was different from her former employers and she admired him for that.

She'd hoped their relationship was based on a professional level and it stayed that way. She wouldn't want to have anything going on with him, besides she had her handsome green eyed crush who she couldn't wait to see on Saturday. Yes, she had finally admitted to herself that she liked Andrew.

Raymond chuckled."That's better." He placed his arms on the table.
"Anyways I'm glad you're adjusting well. you did quite a good job at the exhibition last night, i'm impressed." He nodded slowly.

"Thank you." She gave him a smile.

"Well umm." He clasped his hands gently."I'm pretty sure Gloria told you the length of your contract, right."

"Yes she did." She nodded.

"Okay. As she already told you,my assistant got into an accident not long ago and he sustained severe injuries," he said as he sighed deeply.

"His doctor said that Williams will need at least three months for his bones to heal and well, another three months for rehab. We need to make sure that his recovery is 99% before he can start work again." He explained to her.

She gave him a short nod. "I totally understand Raymond," she said calmly.

"Good."He nodded. "But, if you keep on doing tremendously well, i could extend your contract if you still wanna work with me." He assured her.

"I would really appreciate it, thank you so much."
She smiled warmly. She would so love to continue to work for him. He was nice to her and treated her with respect, something she'd always admired in employers.

"You're welcome." He smiled at her."Well that's all I just wanted to tell you, so you can go for your lunch now."

"Alright." She smiled, getting up.

"Should I get your lunch?" she asked.

"No thanks. I'm going out for lunch with a client," he replied, picking up his phone from the table.

"Okay." She nodded and left his office.

Closing the door as she got out, she saw Mrs Smith walking towards her.

"Jasmine." Mrs Smith chirped happily, waving a hand at her.

"Mrs Smith." Jasmine chuckled.

"Are you heading out for lunch?" Mrs Smith asked her.

"Yeah." Jasmine nodded.

"Great. I'm actually heading out too so come join me." Mrs Smith told her with a smile.

"Sure." Jasmine smiled, following Mrs Smith down the stairs. While they walked to the gallerys' food court, Mrs Smith began telling Jasmine how she found a stray cat on her way back from work the other night.
They met Gloria on the way, she waved at them with a smile and joined them.

Hello lovelies°°°°°°°
Please don't forget to vote and comment•••••
•••••
Love you guys!!