chapter 70

Raymond tried calling Jasmine to inform her that he would be late for dinner at her house, but it went to her voicemail. He called her ten times, it still went to her voicemail.

He hated waiting. It frustrated and annoyed him. He had called Jasmine three hours ago before his call with his lawyer and she had answered quickly, telling him that she was back home with Christine. He decided to call Christain and Christain told him that Jasmine had left to get some groceries three hours ago and wasn't yet back.

'That's odd.'

Raymond thought worriedly, sensing that something was off. Christain had told Raymond that, he too also tried Jasmine's line but it went to her voicemail. He raked his fingers in his hair as he stared on his phone. Without a second thought, he dialed a number.

"Zach, I need you to track someone's phone for me right now."

Raymond sent Jasmine's contact to Zach and after a few seconds, Zach sent Jasmine's location to Raymond.
He'd found her phone in an abandoned building at the outskirt of town.

"What is she doing there?"

Raymond switched on the car engine and drove off to Jasmine's location.
He gripped the steering wheel tight, his mind racing with fearful thoughts about Jasmine.

Raymond parked his car by the side of the abandoned building and stepped out. The building had wired fence around it with "No trespassing signs" on it. The building looked really old with it's walls stained and peeled off.

Raymond had never come across this side of town and he was confused and woundered why Jasmine would be in such a lonely place.

'Was she dragged to this place?
What's going on?'

His eyes searched the building, waiting to see any movement or hear a sound. The place was quiet like a grave yard. He brought out his phone to check if he was in the right location.
He was.

He put his phone in his pocket and walked towards the back of the building. He found a small door but it was locked. He pulled the handle hard but it broke in his palms. He then kicked the door down and quietly entered inside.

He walked quietly inside the building, careful not to make a sound. Despite the fact that the building looked abandoned, Raymond could feel in his guts that people were hiding there and Jasmine was in there too.

"Hey!" A deep voice called out.

Raymond turned and saw a man walking towards him.

"What are you doing here? You're not allowed in here, didn't you see the fucking sign?" The man shouted at Raymond.

"Yes, I did" Raymond said calmly, his tone sharp as his eyes gazed at the man closely. "What are you doing here?"

"What?" The man frowned.

"This place is a restricted area and I got a call from a source that there were strange movements in this building." Raymond lied, waiting to see what the man would say or do.
Raymond was professionally dressed and it looked convincing that he might be from the government.

"I'm..I'm ..I'm guarding this place" the man stammered. "The owner hired me to watch this place."

Raymond knew instantly that the man was a bloody liar. "Who is your owner?"

"Okay, that's it." The man pulled out a gun and pointed it at Raymond. "Get the fuck outta here, now!"

"Okay, relax I'm leaving." Raymond raised his hands in surrender as he took two steps backwards.

"Leave now or..."
In one swift motion, Raymond gave the man a hard punch on his face and the man stumbled and fell to the floor.
Raymond rushed and kicked the gun from the man's hold and grabbed the man's neck with his arms on choke hold.
The man struggled with Raymond on the floor but Raymond tightened his hold. The man's face turned red like a tomato, gasping for air as Raymond choked him hard. Seconds later, the man passed out.

Raymond grabbed the gun and dragged the man's body behind a wall.
Raymond knew there were more men in the building and Jasmine was with them. He quickly dialed 911 and gave them a report of a suspicious movement in the building. He told them the location and hung up.

He checked the gun and sighed, seeing that the gun was fully loaded. Raymond knew how to use a gun as every winter and spring, he would go season hunting with his dad and Michael in the woods.

Raymond took a path and climbed upstairs, taking quiet steps as he listened for footsteps. He found a door and opened it slowly.  He saw two men sitting down as they were smoking.
Raymond wanted to sneak behind the men and strike them but he knew that they too would be holding guns, and so it would be bad for him to try and engage in a fist fight with them.

Exhaling deeply, he gripped the gun and rushed at the men. Both men turned and saw Raymond and before they could pull out their guns, Raymond shot them dead.

"Okay." Raymond breathed, "three down...shit!"
Something struck him in his back. someone had attacked him from behind. Raymond stumbled and the gun slipped from his hand.

V was standing there grinning, a bloody knife in his hand. The bastard had stabbed him, Raymond realized through the haze of pain. V kicked the gun away from Raymond's reach and his knife plunged into Raymond's right arm.
Raymond clenched his teeth to keep from screaming.  V pulled the knife out and tried to attack Raymond again but Raymond grabbed V's wrist and punched him hard on his face.

V stumbled and fell to the floor. Raymond winced as he saw the blood oozing from his arm. V lunged upward, hitting Raymond on the chin and tried to stab Raymond again. But Raymond was quick and blocked his movement as he hit V's wrist hard and the knife fell out.

Fuming with boiling rage, Raymond growled angrily and gave V a hard blow on his jaw. V staggered and fell to the floor. Raymond rushed at V and threw punches at his face.

As Raymond tried to reach for the gun, V got on his knees and swung at Raymond. He picked Raymond up and using his knee, he hit Raymond hard on the stomach and threw him to the floor.

Panting hard, V wiped his bleeding mouth with the back of his palm, bent and retrieved the gun. He turned the gun towards Raymond but Raymond grabbed his hand and they both struggled with the gun. They fell to the floor. V was on top of Raymond and he pulled the trigger, but it missed Raymond and hit the floor.

They continued struggling with the gun, letting out angry grunts and then 'bang', the trigger went off and a loud cry was heard.

It was so hard to write this scene but I'm happy I pulled it off pretty good.
Who do you think got shot!!!
Share your thoughts with me lovelies ❤️❤️❤️