chapter 29

It was a Monday morning as Raymond drove into the big garage of his father's company and parked his car.
He switched off the engine and reached for his suitcase when his phone rang. A huge smile spread across his face when he saw the callers' ID.

"Hey pumpkin," he said over the phone with a grin on his face.

"Hey! Stop calling me that." Ruth rebuked harshly.

He let out a laugh, grabbing his suitcase.

Ruth was Raymond's baby sister .She had long Sandy hair and brown eyes like Raymond. They got their eyes from their mother. When Ruth was born she was a fat baby and the moment Raymond saw her in his mother's arms he called her pumpkin and eversince then, that was her name to him.

He had never called her Ruth and so Ruth had grown up despising Raymond for calling her that.
But despite their constant fight and argument over the name, they were really close.

"You know that's never gonna happen." He smirked as he got out from the car.

She growled angrily over the phone making him to laugh.
She let out a sharp breath and said.
"I don't have time for your bullshit this morning Raymond."

"Oh please you always do." He chuckled walking into the building.

"Listen, I called to know how many guests you're coming with to my wedding," she told him.
Ruth was preparing for her wedding which was coming up next month.
She planned on having her wedding at Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas.

"Really? So you don't even wanna know how your big brother is doing? he asked in a sad tone, heading to the elevator as employees passed by, greeting him.

"Oh please, just answer the damn question." She groaned, getting impatient with his silly tease.

He let out a small laugh, stepping into the elevator with two employees inside who greeted him.
He gave them a nod and pressed the button to the 12th floor.

"Well, I invited Bright, so i guess he'll be coming along with a date," he said.

"Okay. And what about you, aren't you coming with someone?" she questioned.

"I don't think so," he replied.

"Hey, i won't let you come to my wedding without a date." She warned in a loud tone.

"You can't do that to me." He scoffed.

The elevator binged as the two employees stepped out on the fifth floor.

"I'm serious Raymond. I don't care who you fucking bring, just don't come to my wedding without a date. And don't you fucking bring a stripper or I'm gonna KILL YOU." She shouted over the phone.

When Ruth had her college graduation ceremony, Raymond came over with a stripper to get her back for taking his brand new Ferrari 458 Italia without telling him.

He laughed out loud as he remembered that day and the horrified look that was on her face when the stripper tried to give her a lap dance.

"I'm serious Raymond and stop laughing." She warned angrily through gritted her teeth.

He cleared his throat lightly as his laughter died down.

"Are you done?" she asked in a sacastic tone.

"Yeah I'm done." He grinned, knowing she'd just rolled her eyes at him.

The elevator binged. The door opened and he stepped out.

"Look Raymond I know you don't do relationships and all that but please just come with someone, okay. Please do it for me." She begged in a soft tone.

He stopped outside his office and sighed heavily. Raymond wasn't one for dates or relationships and everyone around him knew about it. Because of the incident that happened years back, Raymond became apathetic. He had lost the desire to get entangled into any romance or relationship. But he loved Ruth and he would do anything to make her happy.
"Fine I'll bring a date, as long as it'll make you happy," he told her as a long sigh escaped his lips.

"Yes." She let out a loud squeal.

He chuckled as he imagined she would be dancing with excitement wherever she was.
"Look I gotta go now, i need to prepare for a meeting," he said as he saw his secretary walking towards him.

"Alright, we'll talk later. Take care. Kisses," she said, making kissing sounds over the phone.

"You too pumpkin," he said in a mischievous tone, a grin playing on his lips as he knew what she would say next.

"STOP CALLING...."

He hung up quickly, laughing as he entered his office, his secretary behind me.

I love this side of Raymond...what do you guys think?

Don't forget to vote and share your thoughts with me lovelies ( ◜‿◝ )♡