chapter 48

Raymond had left to France later that day by 3pm, but his mind was disoriented with thoughts about Jasmine throughout his long flight.

He kept thinking about their conversation in the kitchen and studio...her smile, her laughter and her beautiful blue eyes.
He'd never cared about the colour of the eyes of the women he had encountered, but there was something in Jasmine's eyes that captivated him. It felt magical, like staring into a glass and seeing yourself in a different angle. It felt strange, because for the past few months she had been working for him, it took him only a day to realize how different and special she was.

And then, there was the memory of her in his arms as he found her lying down under the rain, of him touching every part of her body with the towel as he cleaned her up, of him cuddling her in his arms as he slept by her side.
And then the mysterious of them all, was him not having any nightmare. Unanswered questions flowed in his mind as his flight got to the airport.

Coming out from the airport with a small luggage with wheels, it was 1am in Carcassonne, France. Raymond was dressed in a black T-shirt, navy blue pants with white sneakers as he entered his rented Ferrari GTC4lusso and drove to the hotel. His secretary at the company, Jeremy, had booked Raymond a three days reservation at Hotel De La Cite in Carcassonne.

Walking into his suite, he closed the door behind him and walked to the bedroom.

His suite had a living area, a kitchen, a dining area and a mini bar. The King sized bed was dressed in a white and red bed cover, the curtains were white and the carpet was red. His bedroom had a breath taking view and he could see the incredible city of Carcassonne through the balcony.

He dropped his luggage on the floor and sat down heavily on the bed. He had a scheduled meeting with the investors at 9am the next day.

It was already 1:30am and he felt stressed out rather than tired after his long trip, and he decided to get out and get a drink. He wanted something strong and hot to get his mind off Jasmine.
He needed to stop thinking about her, he needed to stop wishing she was in his arms again. What he needed was liquor and a sexy french lady to put his mind at ease.

Without changing his clothes, he drove out to a big club, not too far from his hotel. Holding a glass of vodka in his hand as he sat by himself, his eyes glanced around lazily, searching and watching as he listened to the booming hip pop music that filled the air. The club was filled with people, dancing, drinking, smoking, having a good time with no worries of what tomorrow holds.

Five different ladies had approached his table and offered to keep him company, but he had declined rudely as none of them seemed to catch his interest. Taking more shots, he felt tensed, clenching his jaw as more thoughts about Jasmine clouded his mind.

By 3am, the club was left with few people, most of them wasted out, and then his hazy eyes finally landed on a brunette that was sitting alone with a glass of champagne in her hand. He was surprised he hadn't noticed her till now. She was dressed in a v-neck red gown with silver heels. Her gown was short, exposing her long smooth legs.
She was beautiful and even as she sat there, bringing her glass to her rossy lips, he had to admit that she had a curvy body.

Placing the glass on the table, she turned and her eyes locked with his. Lifting his glass as he took a long drag of his drink, he didn't take his eyes off her. He felt relaxed, knowing he had found someone that would give him pleasure.

A small smile appeared on the lady's face and she got up slowly, grabbing her purse from the table. Her knees felt a bit wobbly as she had drank half a glass of champagne, but she walked up to him without loosing her balance.

"Hey handsome." She had no french accent as she leaned close to him so he could hear her against the loud music.

"Hey." His eyes were warm, but there was no hint of pleasure in his voice.
Raymond had slept with several women and knew a slut when he sees one. Though, the lady carried an air of grace with her, he knew already that she wouldn't hesitate to go to bed with him.