chapter 21

Late that night, Jasmine opened her apartment with her keys and entered inside, closing the door behind her.

She looked exhausted but her eyes glittered with a tense excitement and one could tell that she had a good time wherever she had gone to.
After she was done with work, she had returned back home to take a shower and changed to a simple evening gown.
Gloria had picked her up with her car and they drove to the next town for Damon's art exhibition. Damons was a big art club that organized exhibitions once in every two months and Raymond got an invitation.
As always, Raymond had other plans and so he sent Jasmine and Gloria to represent him.

"Hey." Christain smiled at her, sitting upright on the couch.

"Hey." She returned the smile as she sat down next to him, dropping her bag on the table.

"Why are you still awake by this time?
Don't you have classes in the morning?"  She questioned, raising her legs as she took off her heels.

"It's just past 12." He shrugged. "And I need to finish this movie tonight," he said as he turned back to the TV.

"What are you watching?" she asked, leaning on the couch as she looked at the tv screen.

"Ip man, the finale," he told her, eyes on the screen.

She nodded and yawned lightly, covering her mouth with back of her palm.
With the laughters and talks she had with different people at the exhibition, she could feel the sleep kicking in. She had really missed the old days when she worked as an art dealer in new York and she felt thrilled that she was finally doing what she loved.

"Damn, i'm fucking tired." She muttered and scratched her left elbow.

"So how was your first day at work?" He asked as he paused the movie and turned to her.

Jasmine had called him immediately she got the job. She tried calling Christine but it went to her voicemail.
"Oh my God." She let out a low moan, resting her head on the couch.
"It was fucking fantastic". She said with a glint of excitement in her blue eyes.

"Really? Tell me about it." He insisted as he chuckled.

"Ray's gallery is so beautiful Christain, you really need to see it. I can't describe it in one word, but it's fucking amazing," she told him with a wide smile on her face.

"Wow!" He was intrigued.

"Yeah. And the exhibition we went to." She continued as she looked at him, "It was something else too. So many beautiful and amazing art works. I was completely blown away."
She chuckled as she shook her head slowly.

He shook his head, amused as he laughed quietly.
"Wow, that's really nice. Look sis, I am so happy for you that you got this job, congrats again."
He smiled and embraced her.

"Thanks dear." She smiled warmly, patting his back gently.

"I'm so glad I got the job," she said as she let go of him, looking genuinely relieved. "Even though it's only temporal, I'm happy too."

"Well as long as you're doing amazingly good, who knows? Even if your contract is over, they might extend it. Or maybe employ you as their art dealer." He tried assuring her with a smile.

She nodded."I guess you're right." She grinned.

"Of course i'm always right." He scoffed, rolling his eyes at her.

"Sure you are." She laughed as she tousled his hair.

"Stop." He pushed her hand away, laughing.

"What about Christine?" she asked as she picked up her heels and grabbed her bag as she got up.

"She's in the room." He replied as he picked up the remote and played the movie.