chapter 9

It was 9:54pm as they were both seated on the couch in the living room.

"What!" Jasmine exclaimed in amusement, laughing hard.
"You really said that to her?"

Christian had told her about a girl who lived next door that was crushing hard on him and confessed her feelings to him.
Christain had got home after a basketball match at the small court in their neighborhood when she had approached him. The girl was a blonde, tall and a senior in highschool . She had confessed to Christain how she had been crushing on him since the first day she saw him. He turned her down rudely, telling her she wasn't his type and could never date a blonde.

"Well yeah, i had to be honest with her you know,"
Christian said, chuckling lightly.

"Yeah I know." Jasmine nodded as her laughter died down.
"But at least, you could have said it in a way it would have hurt less,"
she said to him, as she picked a cookie from the plate and bit into it.

"Yeah whatever. At least, I told the bitch my mind." He scoffed, folding his arms.

"C'mon don't call her that." She slapped him playfully on the shoulder.
"She really loves you, so you can't blame her".

He shrugged. "well, I don't even like her, so she should keep her fucking feelings to herself." He grumbled.

"Dude." She punched him on the arm.

"Ouch!" He winced, holding his arm
"That fucking hurt."

"You know you're a real asshole," she told him putting the half cookie in her mouth.
"The day the girl you love turns you down, you're gonna feel so miserable," she said with her mouth full.

"Ewww," he said disgusted as he shoved her off. "Do you have to say that with your mouth wide open."

She rolled her eyes at him and swallowed, wiping her mouth with the back of her palm.

"Besides it's never gonna happen," he said proudly. "Just take a look at me,no girl in her right mind can resist me." He gave her a wink.

"You're crazy," she said as they both laughed.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door interrupting them.

"Who's it?" he asked.

"It's me."Christine answered in a raised tone.

"Of course, she left her keys behind again." He grumbled, a frown on his face.

Sighing deeply, "Just go and open the damn door and please be cool." Jasmine warned him calmly.

He muttered under his breath and got up, then went and opened the door.

Christine walked in without looking at him, while he kept his eyes on her back as he shut the door.

Christine was dressed in a black hoodie and ripped black jeans with black sneakers. She had tattoos all over her neck and both hands. She wore a nose ring on her crooked nose that had been damaged several times from her victory fights. Her lower lip was also pierced. She had many piercings on both ears. Her curly orange hair was in a huge mess as it was sticking out in all direction.

Christine never really cared about her appearance or what people thought and said about her. She dressed like a tom boy and acted like one but deep down, she knew she was just a lonely girl filled with pain and fear.
She never bothered to take care of her hair. Sometimes she would try and do her hair because of Jasmine's constant nagging.

"I thought you weren't coming back," Christain said jokingly with a scoff.

"Fuck off." Christine groaned angirly, removing her sneakers. Her tone sounded harsh and one could tell she wasn't in the mood for silly jokes at the moment. All she wanted was a cold shower and some sleep. Her day wasn't really a good one and she wished they would just leave her alone and stop bothering her.