chapter 5

Jasmine got down from the taxi and paid the driver.
She walked towards her apartment, climbing the stairs slowly. She couldn't use the lift as the elevator had some malfunction, so she took the stairs and her flat was on the second floor. Her hair was loosed from it's pony tail and her blue eyes looked so tired.

She met one of the neighbors at the stairs and greeted the old woman with a small smile. Her ride back home was exhausting as she was lost in deep thoughts, thinking about how she would find another job.

Getting to her flat, she opened her bag and searched for her keys.
"Oh fuck me." She groaned, when she couldn't find her keys as she realized she had left it in her room while rushing for her interview.

She knocked on the door, but no one answered. She waited a few seconds and knocked again.

"Who's there?" A lazy male voice asked from inside.

"Christian open the door."

"I'm coming," the nineteen year old said.

The door opened and Jasmine walked in.
"Hey," Christian gave her a smile as he shut the door. His hairy chest was bare as he only wore a black short.

Christain was her little brother. He had brown curly hair and blue eyes like Jasmine.
They had gotten the colour of their eyes from their father. Christain was tall and had a tanned, toned body. His tanned skin complemented the wide spread of freckles on his nose and cheekbones.
He was a basketball player and had won several championships during his highschool days, although he didn't want to pursue basketball as a career.

His unidentical twin sister Christine, had brown curly hair which she usually dyed with different colours every two months. She was tall like Christain and a little bit curvy. She had grey eyes like their mothers'.

Jasmine lived alone with the twins. Their parents and their little sister, kalisha, had died in a car accident ten years ago.

"Hey," Jasmine said tiredly, walking into the living room. she dropped her bag on the floor and sat down on a couch.

Their living room had a three seaters couch, a brown arm chair and a round table at the center. There was a vase of flower placed on the table. The curtains in the living room were white. There were family pictures and trophies arranged neatly on the shelf beside the television.
The dinning area was by the right corner close to the kitchen. The flat was a two bedroom apartment. Christain had his own room, while Jasmine and Christine shared the other room.

"Were you sleeping?" She asked her little brother as she noticed how tired his blue eyes were.

"Nah, was just watching YouTube videos," he said, scratching the back of his neck and sat down next to Jasmine, crossing his right arm over the couch.

"And I assume you were using my laptop, right?" She inquired looking at him with her brows raised.

"Well yeah." He shrugged. "I only use it cause I don't have one."

"And I told you already, once Mrs Smith gives me my paycheck for the catering job I did for her on Sunday, I'll buy a laptop for you and Christine.
So please do me a fucking favour and don't touch my laptop again,"
she told him as she raised her legs to remove her shoes, taking them off slowly.

"Yeah whatever." He grumbled.

She shook her head slowly as she tossed her shoes and stretched her legs.

"So how did it go?" He asked.

Christain knew Jasmine was going for her interview that morning as she had told him about it a week ago. Though, Jasmine had told Christine about the job, but as always, Christine pretended like she didn't care.

Jasmine let out a deep sigh, folding her arms as a frown appeared on her face. she didn't respond to Christain as she still felt angry inside, recoiling the horrible event that happened to her in John's office.

Christain knew immediately that something went wrong as he saw the look on her face.
"Jasmine?" He touched her arm lightly, waiting for her to say something.

She exhaled sharply. "The fucking bastard wanted to fuck me before giving me the job,"
she said and told him everything that happened during her interview.

"What the fuck!" He exclaimed in shock, feeling enraged as he got up quickly.
"I swear if I had been there with you,I would beat his mother fucking ass till he's dead. Who does he think he is?"

He swore angrily, clenching his fist hard.
He couldn't believe what she'd told him. Such a thing had never happened to Jasmine during her interviews. Though, the mangers would try to flirt with her but they had never tried to force themselves on her.

"Hey relax, okay." She touched his arm as she chuckled lightly. She loved how he was protective over her. Her relationship with Christain was strong and they were really close.

"Please let's not talk about that shit." She let out a long sigh.

He exhaled sharply through his mouth, shaking his head as he sat down.
"What an asshole. I can't believe that he wanted to have sex with you before giving you a job that you deserve." He cussed with an angry look on his face.
"I'm glad that you beat the shit out of him anyways.
Nobody messes with my big sis."

"You got that right." She gave him a fist bump as they chuckled.

"Hey, look." He took her hands into his.
"I'm sorry you couldn't get the job because of that bastard, but just see it as another opportunity for a much better job." He tried cheering her up as he touched her cheeks softly.

She nodded and gave him a warm smile. "Yeah you're right."
She leaned back and relaxed on the couch.

"But I really need to find a job as soon as possible.you guys will be starting college soon and there's alot of bills I gotta pay."
She sighed in frustration and wiped her face with her palms. Being the head of her small family was really stressful and sometimes frustrating. She had alot of responsibilities to take care of as she had no one to help her.

"This catering business is just not enough, Christian. I fucking need to find a job, I need a job."

"Yeah I understand but hey, college is just right here and Christine and i would be using the bus everyday if we have to, so it's no big deal. Besides we would be here to help you every weekend whenever there's a catering job."
He assured her with a smile.
Christain and Christine got accepted into the university of Florida in Gainesville and it was only 30 minutes drive from their house.

She folded her arms. "Yeah I know," she said as she placed her legs on the center table.

"I'll see if I can find any job opening tomorrow. So stop stressing yourself, we are in this together," he said and gave her a hug.

She smiled as she patted his back softly and placed a kiss on his head.
"I know."

He let go of her as he looked at her, smiling.

Instantly, her eyes shot open."Oh shit!"

"What's wrong?" He asked, surprised by her sudden outburst.

"I totally forgot." She chuckled as she palmed her forehead lightly.
"A friend of mine hooked me up with this guy who's a web designer. So I met with him yesterday and told him you're a student so he would figure out how it's gonna work out. I even showed him most of your works and he really liked them." She explained.

Christain loved designing websites and had applied for a web designing course in college. He'd learnt the skill when he was fourteen years and he'd earned some cash from creating websites and web pages for his friends and other people online.

"Really!" He beamed.
"So what did he say?" He asked, eager to know.

"Well, he doesn't mind the fact that you're a student and he would like to see you tomorrow," she told him.

"Oh my God!" he exclaimed happily. "This is fucking good. Thanks alot sis."
He rushed and embraced her.

She chuckled as she gave his back a soft pat, "Don't mention."
She smiled.

Please leave a comment and don't forget to vote ()