chapter 46

Jasmine got to her door step and knocked on the door lightly, hoping that someone would be at home.
She took nothing with her when she ran out of the house last night.
No one was usually home at this hour and she let out a frustrated groan, knowing she would have to wait outside for a long time until someone comes home.

"I'm coming." She heard Christain say and a sigh of relief escaped from her lips.

The door opened and Christain stood at the door, all dressed up with his backpack on his shoulders. Dark circles could be seen under his eyes and his curly hair was all messed up.

"Jasmine!" He exclaimed happily as he saw her. He took off his backpack quickly and dropped it on the floor, pulling her in and embraced her in a tight hug.

She chuckled, wrapping her arms on his waist, hugging him tight.

He buried his face in her hair and sobbed quietly.

"Oh Christain." She let out a breath and rubbed his back softly, she stood on tip toes and rested her chin on his shoulder.

"Don't you ever run off like that again." He muffled into her hair, sniffing hard.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."
She felt really bad for Christain as she knew how stressed up and devasted he must had been last night.
She couldn't believe that she didn't even try to call Christian's line with Raymond's phone when she woke up.

'How stupid of me!'

She cussed in her mind.
How could she had forgotten to call Christain! She felt like the worst big sister ever.

He lifted his head, letting go of her and looked at her with tired eyes. He held her hands and let out a long sigh.
"Promise you won't run off again." He insisted in a sad tone.

She gave him her biggest smile and gave his hands a gentle squeeze. "I promise."

"Good," he said, letting go of her hands and gave her a punch on the left shoulder.

"Ouch!" She was shocked as she wasn't expecting that from him. "What was that for?" she asked, rubbing her shoulder where he had punched her.

"That's for running off and leaving me worried and scared," he said in an angry tone.

Christain couldn't sleep last night as he kept on thinking about where Jasmine could have been. He felt restless, uneasy and scared as there was no way he could get hold of her since she left her phone behind. If only she had a friend around, he knew that's where she would had been last night.

He'd stayed alone in the night as Christine had left the house few minutes after Jasmine had gone. He was only able to get three hours sleep as he felt so tired and weak. Even as he slept, his mind was wrapped with worry and uncertainty.

He gave her another blow on the same shoulder. "And that's for not giving me a call."

She winced out and asked in an annoyed tone. "What the fuck! Why would you punch me two times?"

"You should be grateful it's just two. I had planned on beating you up the moment you walk into this house," he said, brushing her off and closed the door.

"Oh really!" She raised her brows as she turned to him. "Well, I would love to see you try," she said, her voice laced with mockery as she opened her arms wide towards him.

He let out a weak laugh and shook his head. "I don't have strength right now. Besides we both know you're gonna beat the shit out of me."

She laughed and reached out a hand and tousled his hair. "You bet I will."