chapter 6

Christian released Jasmine from his embrace and asked.
"So how much do you think he'll be paying?"

"I don't know. I mean, the place looks nice and quite big. I guess they should be paying well." Jasmine replied with a shrug.

"Anyways, you'll get to know when you get the job," she said taking off her jacket.

"Alright then. Thank you so much sis, I really appreciate," he said in a soft tone, smiling at her with admiration in his eyes.
He was so grateful for having a big sister like Jasmine. Eversince they lost their parents and Little kalisha, it was Jasmine who held them together.If it wasn't for her, their little family would had been broken a long time ago.

"That's enough thank you already." She let out a chuckle as she scratched the back of her neck.
"By the way where is Christine?" She inquired as she looked at him.

The happy look on his face quickly disappeared as he scoffed and took the Jacket from her, placing it in his arms.
"I don't know. She just left the house in the morning without saying a word," he informed her.

"God that girl!" she said in a low tone, rubbing her palm on her forehead lightly.
"Why can't she just tell someone where she's fucking going to." She groaned angrily.

"I tried asking her, but she didn't tell me shit." He shrugged.
"She's always doing this, always so distant." He sighed deeply, shaking his head slowly.

"I don't know why she doesn't wanna change, she's just... she's just...." He mumbled and let out another deep sigh as he bent his head, a sad frown on his face.

Jasmine placed her hand on his shoulder and squeezed gently.
They had been at this before and she didn't know the right words to say to him this time.

She let go of his shoulder and brought out her phone from her bag and called Christine's line.
She dialed her line six times but Christine wasn't answering.

"She's not picking my calls." She looked at Christian with a worried look on her face.

"Neither mine or even replying to my texts." He told her as he raised his head, looking at her.

"God! I just hope she doesn't.....I hope she hasn't..." She wiped her palm on her face .
"Its alright." She breathed ,holding back her anger as she smacked her lips lightly.

"Let her come back."
She threw her phone on the table and folded her arms,furrowing her brows in a deep frown.
She just hoped that Christine hadn't gotten herself in trouble or done something foolish.

Christain opened his mouth to ask her something but closed it immediately. He knew his question would trigger her so he decided against it.

Since they lost their parents and little kalisha, it was Christine who took it pretty bad. She blamed herself for her parents and sisters' death. She became distant and never was herself again.
Since middle school Christine had been getting into trouble and always getting involved in many fights with boys. She followed the wrong crowd and even started drinking at the age of 13 and got her first tattoo on her back.

Jasmine had tried everything she could for her little sister but nothing changed as Christine turned into a drug addict. Christine had to go to a mental hospital for rehabilitation during her senior year as her situation had gotten worse over the years.
Luckily, when Christine came out,she gradually got better as she stopped drinking and smoking but still kept her distance from her siblings.

Jasmine glanced at the wall clock and sighed deeply.
She got up slowly,picking her shoes and her bag.
"Did u cook anything?"
she asked as she picked up her phone

"I made pasta." He replied.

"Could you heat that up for me please, while i go take a quick shower," she said as she walked off slowly.

"Sure." He got up. "Hey, take your jacket." He called her
and tossed her jacket to her.

"Thanks," she said as she caught it and walked to her bedroom.

Hey guys, please don't forget to vote and comment.
Love you•••••°•••°••(✿ ♡‿♡)