30) Love Sick

Aditya's Point Of View

*****

I was sitting in the cabin, going through some important files. Two weeks flew so quickly. Amu seems to be fine. Actually, pretty fine. Even though her suicide attempt had wrecked my mind and resulted in anger, I decided to give myself some time and think. She was loosing herself in pain. What else she could have done? I should have been more careful with her. I don't want to give her another chance and probably any other reason to commit this blunder again. I'm trying to make her feel good. She seemed to be comfortable in my presence too.

Although two or three times she enquired about her dad and his health. She wanted to meet him. I refused. But this time, I took my patience and explained that her dad is fine and he's been kept away from her for his own good. She believed me, sort of. Poor her. Little does she know that he was the main reason behind all her pains.

I don't know what changed in her, but I do feel that Amu isn't the same now. I could no more see the hatred in her eyes towards me. She was holding onto me like a baby who needed her mother. She talked less, very less. But I was happy that she's talking to me. Ever since she lost her chain she was looking dull and moody. I tried to cheer her up quite few times. I didn't wanted her to slip into depression. I'm just scared to loose her again

We shared the same bed now on her insistence. But I made sure not to cross any of my boundaries. She still needed lots of time and I knew it. I was satisfied with the small forehead kisses which I gave her before she wokes up.

Some times bad thing's happen before good things can. That's what exactly happened to me as well.

My thoughts came to a halt when I heard a knock in my cabinet door. I looked up and saw Nidhi.

"May I come in sir?"she asked.

"Come in"I said and she walked inside

"Sir, someone is here to meet you. He said it's important for him to talk to you"she said.

"Who's it? Do he have an appointment?"I asked and she shook her head

"No sir. He said that he's a police officer from India. His name is Siddharth Agarwal"she said and it left me startled.

"Send him in"I said

"Okay sir"Nidhi answered and left.

I took a pen and twirled it in between my fingers, wondering what he must be doing right here. Anyway I'm thankful that he himself decided to come and meet me.

A little later , the cabinet door flung opened and Siddharth stepped inside. I raised my eyes.

"May I come in?"he asked with a smile, but I of course could see the smirk hidden in it.

"Yes please"I said. Siddharth walked towards my table. He stood in front of me.

"I'm so glad to meet you Mr. Aditya Devansh. It's been so long I'm trying to reach out to you"he said.

"Please take your seat"I said. He sat opposite to me.

"Tell me"I said.

"I'm ACP Siddharth Agarwal from Delhi. I'm investigating the murder of famous buissness tycoon Advay Rao, son of Mr. Vikram Rao. We got to know that he'd attended a fashion event in Paris last time and you were also present there. Later he was found dead....actually shot down in Mumbai. Do you know something related to his death?"he asked while his eyes examined my face. I sat there, unaffected.

"Mr. Agarwal this is my personal working space and not an interrogation room. You can't just barge Inside at any moment without any prior appointments and ask questions"I snapped.