8) First Day at Work

Flashback continues

Amulya's Point Of View

*****

I opened my eyes and found Ritu missing besides me. This is strange. I was surprised that she woke up before me. Brushing aside my thoughts , I stood up and walked to the washroom. After doing all my morning activities I stepped inside the hall. I don't know why suddenly I felt strange. The room was occupied in utter silence. To my surprise I saw everyone gathered around the hall. I was more Surprised when I found Ritu's father and Mother sitting in the couch. Ritu was consoling Vivek uncle and I could sense that something is seriously wrong.

"Hi"I walked in and found everyone's eyes on me.

"Everything okay?"I enquired but no one spoke.

"This is going to affect our company very badly. I shouldn't have trusted him. We will go through a big loss"Vivek uncle said

"Dad please relax. There might be reason for everything. Let's ask him for a second chance. He might consider"Ritu said.

"Do you think he will? He is Aditya Devansh. His reach his beyond our limits"uncle said.

Hearing that name I felt as if someone had just hit me with a rod. Did he just say Aditya Devansh?

"Everything seemed fine yesterday Uncle. What changed within a day?"Rishi asked

"I don't know son. I swear that I'm innocent. He's unnecessarily blaming me for something which I never did"

I looked at Ritu questioningly. She shook her head and walked towards me.

"Amu we need to talk"she grabbed my hand and took me to our room.

"Ritu all okay? Uncle was saying something about Aditya Devansh. What about h --" she cut me off in between

"Amu you were right about him. Aditya did this knowingly. He ---"

I spoke in between

"Did he hurt Uncle or what?"I asked worriedly. She shook her head.

"Nope. He did something bigger. I told you about the fashion show coming this month end right?"she asked and I nodded my head.

"Dad is doing it. His dream project and he just needed few nods from the other tycoons. But guess who is the main Investor. It's him. Aditya sir had agreed to invest on this project but right now he backed off. This is going to lead us into a huge loss. He had had worked day and night for this event"she said.

Think twice. I don't want you to regret later

I recalled his words and clenched my fist. I had expected this yesterday , when I saw him in the party. Never thought that he will sink this low. Just because of me I can't let Ritu and her family suffer.

"What are you thinking?"Ritu asked and I shaked my head.

"He did this for me. I know that"I said.

"What are we going to do now?"she asked , sighing

"Not you. I will do"I said and she looked at me shocked.

"Babe no it's alright. Dad will somehow cope with us. I can't put you in danger. That man go up to any extent"she said

"No Ritu. He won't let it be. If something had to done , it has to be done by me. I can't let you people go through it because of me. I will go and meet him personally"I said.

"But Amu ---"

"Don't worry Ritu. I will take care of everything. Please book a cab for me. I have to meet him as soon as possible"I said and she nodded , hesitantly. Ritu insisted to join me but I refused. Somehow I managed to sneak outside the hotel. Ritu promised to convince the boys if they enquire about me.