13) Opposite Attract!

Flashback continues

Aditya's Point Of View

*****

"Sarah please just give me some space for god's sake"I shrugged buttoning up my blazer. We were online on Skype.

"Why don't you understand me as well? I'm just so disturbed that she's there around you all the time"she said.

"Come on she's my employee and nothing else. Please stop making assumptions Sarah. We'll come back in few days"I said and did my hairs.

"Come back soon. I'm missing you"she said with a pout. I shook my head with a sigh.

"By the way dad was talking about our engagement"she said and I stopped my work. I looked back at the screen and found her in a wide smile. I composed myself.

"Engagement?"I asked

"Yeah and you know what we should definitely go for a destination wedding. I'm into a hunt for the best event management company here"she said

"There's no hurry Sarah. We still have time"

"Nope we don't. All my friends have been nagging me. You're the most Eligible Bachelor of the town Mr"

"Whatever"I frowned

"Come back soon. I can't wait to see you"she said.

"I think I have to go Sarah. Bye. I'll talk to you later"I said

"Bye"she smiled and I disconnected the call. I closed my laptop in frustration and banged my fist in the table.

I looked up and saw Arjun at the door. I got up from the couch.

"Ready to go?"I asked. He didn't respond.

"What happened Arjun?"

"Adi are you ignoring Sarah?"he asked leaving me puzzled.

"Me? Why should I ignore her?"I asked

"Because I've been noticing you for the last few weeks. Seems like Amulya's presence had been keeping you diverted"he said.

"Nonsense"I shrugged

"Do you like her Adi?"he asked directly and I had no answer.

"Arjun it's not like you think"I said justifying myself

"That's not the answer to the question I've asked Adi. Do you like Amulya or not?"he asked

"Let's talk about this later"I said

"Adi you can't just run away from the truth all the time. I know you always considered Sarah as your best friend and you gave a nod to this relationship because she was going insane behind you"

"Yes I did. But that doesn't mean that I don't like her"I said

"And that doesn't mean that you love her neither. Have you ever thought of spending an entire life with Sarah?"he asked

No!

That's my answer.

"What about Amulya?"he asked noticing me face when I kept mum.

"Arjun let's talk about it later"

"Adi --"

"Later. We are getting late"

He sighed and walked outside. I followed him and locked my room. I raised my head and saw Amulya standing along with Advay. A part of me was happy because I noticed that she's wearing the frock which I've gifted her. Other part of me felt an unknown jealousy to find them standing so close. She was laughing and looked happy.