66) We Are Pregnant

Amulyas Point of view

*****

I kept looking at my husband, whose eyes were glued to the doctors cabin. He tapped his feets on the floor nervously and kept biting his lower lip.

Which made him look hot by the way...

After learning about my pregnancy vicky was anxious about my health. So he called nikitha rightaway, who suggested us to come up for the detailed scanning. So here we are. Vicky accompanied me to the hospital and we did all the tests. Now we are waiting for the results, hoping that everything will be fine.

"Vicky--please relax no? I'm sure everything will be okay? Stop tensing"I said holding his hand.

"I don't know sweetheart"he said and kissed my knuckles.

"I just can't think of loosing you again. So I'm not risking anything"he said. I sighed and leaned my head to his shoulder.

It's true that I'm scared of handling this too. I don't know if my body is strong enough to go through pregnancy, considering i was brutally raped once. I shudder at the thought. Even though i have moved on from that phase, I still had nightmares about that dreadful night of my life.

This baby suddenly became everything to me. I feel like I'm already a mother who would do anything to keep my baby safe.

"Mr and Mrs. Aditya"the nurse called us out, making me come back to sense. Vicky got up and held my hand. I got up as well and gripped his finger tight.

"I'll be fine"i said. He nodded with a sigh and kissed my forehead.

We walked inside together. I see Dr. Helvin sitting at her desk, waiting for us. She is from india and she is one of the topmost gynecologist of this hospital.

"Good morning. Please sit"she said. Aditya and I occupied our seats.

"Is everything okay with Amu doctor?"Aditya asked.

"I have went through amulyas reports. Don't worry everything looks normal here"she said and Aditya heaved a big sigh of relief. I smiled and held my tummy.

"Although I can see here that amulyas body is a bit weak. You have to take total rest in coming weeks. Proper rest, sleep, food, everything affects your baby now. So you'll have to consult a dietician and follow some diets"she said. My face scrunched at the mention of 'diet'

"Don't worry. You just have to cut off some unhealthy foods. But you're free to have what you actually crave for"she said and I smiled widely.

"Her body is weak as in, are you sure that she can handle this?"Aditya asked to her.

"Ofcourse she can. I'm pretty sure about that. She just needs to strengthen her body a bit. That's all. She can go with her instincts. Don't worry aditya. She's all fine"the doctor said. Aditya held my hand and entwined our fingers.

"Thank you doctor"I smiled at her.

"Is it okay for amu to take a flight? We are leaving day after tomorrow for Venice. My brother is getting married there"aditya said and she nodded.

"She can. There's no problem with that"

The next few minutes they discussed about my health. Aditya kept throwing questions at Dr. Helvin who answered everything patiently. I felt like I was not involved in their conversation at all. As if it wasn't about me and I'm not the one carrying the baby.

I think about something and waited for Aditya to stop asking his questions so that I can talk to her.

"Vicky- can I ask now?"I asked, as he didn't show any signs of stopping. He smiled looking at me.