61) Uniting

Adityas Point of View

*****

I was staring outside the window blankly, lost in my own thoughts. The cold air brushed against my face making me sigh and lean back to the seat. I felt amus hand clutching mine. I looked sideways to see her quietly staring at me. I smiled softly at her and nodded, like an assurance. She nodded back and leaned to my shoulder. I kissed her head.

"We're almost there"Arjun said, checking the location on his phone. He and Robin were sitting in the front seat of the car while me and Amu sat back.

"Where are we meeting him?"I asked. Arjun told me the location. I nodded and looked back outside.

Almost after ten minutes we reached the place. I came outside followed by others. I see Prashant standing quietly at the end of the ground, staring at the big mountains facing us. His eyes fell on us.

I looked at amu who held my hand and nodded.

"Just tell him whatever it is. And remember the decision is entirely yours"arjun said, squeezing my shoulder.

"Yeah"I drew a breath and walked ahead towards him, leaving others behind me.

I walked closer to him and then stood right next to him. He stared ahead at the clouds without looking at me

This is weirder than I thought it would be!

"Hi"I said calmly.

"Hey"he gave me a tight lipped smile which quickly vanished.

"How-are you doing?"I asked.

"I'm fine. You?"he asked.

"Yeah good"I said. Silence again.

"It's better if we don't beat around the bush. You can tell me whatever it is"he said. I drew a breath and nodded.

"I don't know what to say. I'm not really- good at this. But-I just want you to know that if I ever knew about your existence, I wouldn't have-left"I said. He looked at me for few seconds and then diverted his eyes

"I understand what you're going through. You lost your family. Not once. Not twice but thrice. And I've lost them too. I don't know what I want ahead of this. I just want to let go of the past. You and me, we both know how much we hated each other and the sole reason is.....Amu"I said. My throat tightened for some reason.

"I don't know if Amu had told you anything about us and what all we went through before we started living as a normal couple. I loved her knowing that she was in love with you. But I never wanted to snatch her away from you Prashant"I said.

He was still silent so I continued.

"It took so much of my courage to come here and talk to you. I just want to let you know that- no matter how hard it is for us to accept, you're still-my little brother. And-and I don't want to fail as a sibling"I said.

"You're forcing yourself too much sir"he said. I looked at him.

Sir.

"I'm not forcing myself. You can't expect me not to do something even after knowing your existence. I know you need time like I do"I sad. He sighed and took a pause before speaking.

"I knew that my elder brother was alive somewhere around. There were times I decided to ask dad about you. But I also knew it was of no use. He pushed me away. He was in no favour to me too. I wanted to find you. But I was also scared. What if- what if you never accept me as your brother? That's what I was scared of. Then I thought- all these years why didn't you come searching for me even for once. I stopped believing in family. Everyone became strangers for me. That's when I met my friends in college and they changed my perspective of life"he said. I silently listened to him.