55) India

Mumbai, India

Aditya's Point of View

*****

We landed in mumbai almost after eleven hours. I was hell tired and needed a big nap. But I also knew that a nap is the last thing on my mind right now. Amu wrapped her arms around me as we walked outside the airport. My guards joined us. There were six of them. Amu looked at me the moment they joined in, greeting me.

"It will be fine sweetheart"I smiled at her. She nodded and then we took a cab. We first decided to go and visit Amrita. I don't know why amu insisted to meet Amrita first.

The last two days in London we spent making memories. It was the best. We made love so many times and i didn't even leave her alone for a second. We also attended Rachel's wedding together. I clearly remember what amu said that day.

"I wish I could get married to you again Aditya. So that this time I can take my vows  and promise to love you forever wholeheartedly"she had said.

God I love her.

I was thinking about it as well. About proposing her. About getting married to her again. Because I know this time, we're not gonna be apart. It's love what holds us together.

Amu seemed to be happy that we're heading back to India. But the moment we landed she was tensed, scared and I don't know what else was running through her head.

I called Arjun. He told me that Amrita went back to Mumbai. He also told me that she rejected his proposal, because they needed different things from life. She's a police officer and she couldn't just leave everything behind and stay with him in Newyork. With Arjun, his entire family is in Newyork and he couldn't leave it behind to be with her. I guess that's why she chose not to stay there any longer so that she doesn't make things difficult for him. I asked sarah to keep an eye on arjun till we return back.

When amu got to know about arjun and amrita, she insisted to go and visit her in Mumbai. I didn't deny because it seemed right.

I turned around to see amu, looking lost. She didn't seem so excited about getting back. What's it that's been bothering her? I wanted her to share it with me. But also I didn't wanted to force her. So I let things go, the way they're going.

In half an hour we reached Amritas apartment. I asked the guards to wait outside as I walked in with amu. I rang the calling bell and a little later, Amrita opened the door for us. There was shock in her face the moment she saw us.

"Aditya?"she asked, surprised.

"Hey there"I smiled at her.

"Oh my god. How come you both are here?"she asked excitedly.

"Are you gonna do all the talking here?"I asked.

"No please. Come inside"she chuckled and led us inside. I hugged her and she hugged me back. She looked behind to see if anyone else was there with us. I guess she was anticipating arjun too.

"It's just us"I said. She nodded with a sad smile.

"How are you Amrita?"amu asked, hugging her.

"I'm great. I thought you guys would head back to Newyork. Didn't expect you both here at all. Please sit"she said.

Amu and I sat in the couch, while Amrita sat opposite to us.

"So tell me how was the honeymoon?"she asked. I looked at amu for an answer. Her cheeks turned pink which made me chuckle inwardly.

"It was great"I said.

"I'm sorry that I left without informing you. Something came up and-"she paused. We waited for her to finish. But she ended it in a sigh.