68) Come Back Soon

Amulyas Point of view

*****

Everything is gone. All the happiness has vanished from our lives in one single night.

All I feel right now is just anxiety and restlessness which makes it hard for me to breath. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. How should I deal with the horror reality which has been happening.

Arjun has been kidnapped.

And they want vicky in return in order to release Arjun.

Numbness.

That's all I feel.

I held the railing and let my tears flow. I couldn't stand anymore in amritas room and watch everyone's dejected and miserable faces. Ever since vicky had told everyone that he will be going there by himself and bring arjun back, I know he had made a deal with the person who kidnapped Arjun. His parents, Eshwar uncle, Sarah and Amrita, everyone opposed the idea of putting his life at risk to save Arjun. But there was no other way of getting Arjun back.

I clutched my belly as all I felt was uneasiness. To break my thoughts, I heard the door open. I looked back and saw vicky walking inside the room.

I quickly wiped my tears and ran towards him, engulfing him in a tight hug. He quickly hugged me back as he was anticipating for it. We hugged each other tightly and I condensed into tears.

"Sweetheart"he called me softly after few seconds.

"No. Let me be like this for sometime"I said. He sighed and hugged me tightly, burying his head in the side of my neck.

"Vicky-"I called him painfully.

"I'm listening"he said.

"Please don't go leaving me"I cried, clutching his shoulders. He lets out a sigh. When I hear nothing from him, I gripped him in fear.

"Please. I can't let you do that. I need you. I can't live without you. If something bad happens to you-"I quickly stopped abruptly as I felt my chest tightening. He broke the hug quickly as I took deep breaths.

"Amu- jaan please relax yourself. It's not good for you and our baby. Please- look at me. I'm right here sweetheart"he made me look straight into his eyes. I bit my lips and sobbed.

"Don't go vicky. Please dont go"I whimpered.

He made me sit on the bed and sat on his knees, facing me. Then he held my hand and kissed my knuckles. His eyes are teary. He's trying hard to hold himself together and hide his emotions. I can clearly see that in his eyes.

"Sweetheart- you have no idea how badly I want to stay back here with you and never leave your side. But- I don't have any option left Amu. This is the only way to get Arjun back. If I do anything wrong, I'll be pushing Arjun into death by myself. And I'll never forgive myself if something happens to him because of me"he said.

"But vicky-"I started but he quickly stopped me.

"I know what you all want sweetheart. But they're prepared. Even if I take my entire force with me, I'm not sure I could save him. Sareen and Roy have been preparing for this all their lives. They're gonna kill Arjun if I don't go"he said.

"They are gonna kill you if you go. How can I let you go, knowing that you may not come back to me? How can I live alone without you? What about our baby? What about all the future we planned together?"I cried vigourously.

He sighed and kissed my palms, pressing to his chest

"I love you sweetheart. But right now- I don't know what to do or say. All I know is, I should go and bring arjun back. If there's anyone whom I owe my life, it's gotta be him jaan. Arjun saved my life. He picked me up from the streets and gave me a new life. What I'm right now is only because of him. If he would have let me go, I would have ended up in a prison and lead a completely different life. And may be i could never get to meet you. I owe him everything amu. And I'm not gonna risk his life even if that means loosing everything I have"he said.