Chapter 34| Special

The night of the gala came in no time

The night of the gala came in no time. You waited for your turn to perform, being dressed in your stage outfit.

There was only one problem. Heeseung was not there.

"How can someone get late in his own party?" You complained, letting the frustration get to you. "Then call him once," Chaerin suggested to you.

"Why should I? Jay called him anyway. If he wanted to be on time, he would be here by now."

Chaerin rubbed her temples. "Jay said, he is trying his best to come fast."

You rolled your eyes. "Where is he anyway? What so important came up for him to get late tonight?"

Your friend let out an exasperated sigh. "Somi sprained her ankle."

"What?" Your eyes widened. Your brain could not process the information yet.

"Yeah," Chaerin said, nodding, "And Heeseung was playing basketball in the campus. Others were getting prepared for tonight's gala.

Practically all of us were out of Somi's reach except Heeseung. So she called him to get her to get treated."

"So he was in some hospital?"

"Yeah, you can't say anything when there is a medical emergency," Chaerin warned you to collect your emotions.

You nodded. "But why does it have to be my dance partner of all people?"

"Y/n you—"

"Okay, I get it. Now what? Yoo Somi isn't coming to the gala anymore?"

"She is coming. She won't be able to participate but she will be present as an audience."

You grimaced, not being able to hide your emotions in front of Chaerin. "She is coming with Heeseung?" Your heart dropped when she nodded.

"But not as his date obviously."

"We will see about that," you bitterly said. "Y/n, you should have a little confidence about yourself. It's Heeseung, your best friend. If Somi plays any cheap trick, he will see right through it and get back to you."

"Chae, I believe in him and myself but I don't trust that new girl. What if he gets distracted because of her and her injured ankle?"

"Then you should accept that Heeseung was not yours to begin with."

Chaerin's harsh remark pierced through your skin. You felt dizzy and your heart seemed to sink.

Exactly. Why do I always try to bind Heeseung to me when he isn't even my boyfriend.

Many things crossed your mind. He most likely makes every girl feel special just like he does to me.

Your train of thoughts halted when the door opened with a thud. You looked at the door and it was Heeseung.

He was in his stage outfit already. The male walked towards you and swept you off your feet, carrying you in his arms.

"Don't hate me too much, please."

_________

Vote for the chapter please!