Chapter 45| Lies

"What's the matter with you and Lee Heeseung?" Your best friend Chaerin asked you as you were getting ready to change into comfortable clothes

"What are you talking about?" You pretended to be oblivious. Suddenly your eyes landed on the pool from the window and the person sitting beside it. His calves were dipping inside the water.

You smiled at the sight of Heeseung and completely unheard whatever Chaerin was saying.

"I mean he just kissed you in front of everyone. I don't even know with whom you spent the night in Heeseung's place. I couldn't even find you after the dance. You kinda—"

"Chae, I will be back in a sec. You can go to sleep, okay?"

"Wait, where are you—"

You did not even let her finish the sentence and went to the pool where Heeseung was sitting alone.

"Are you smoking?" You asked him the first thing. He softly smiled at you. "Why? Want a puff?"

Your face scrunched up in disgust. "You can kill yourself as much as you want but not me."

"I was thinking about lighting one," he said, waving the pack of cigarettes at you. You shook your head. "You can't now that I am here."

Heeseung let out a chuckle at your efforts to keep him away from smoking. He was honest to you so you knew about his occasional smoking events.

"Are you sober?" You asked him again. The male leaned towards you, his breath entangling with yours. "Can you not tell?"

You shook your head. "You seem the same before and after drinking until you pass your limit which is very high. So I wouldn't know."

"Then why does it matter?" He asked, tucking a few strands of your hair behind your ear as you were already sitting beside him.

"I just don't wanna do things out of instincts, you know?"

"Well you are sober. I can tell because you get extremely red just after one drink."

"Shut up," you smacked his arm, causing him to crack up. "Tell me, are you drunk?"

Heeseung pursed his lips. "Only a little," he said, bringing his thumb and index finger together, "Jay and the other guys made me."

"You lied to me twice in one sentence. Neither you drank a little, nor Jay made you do it. Jay drank with you but did not force you actually."

The male let out a laugh. "You know me too well."

"No, you lie to me too often."

"I am sorry. Wouldn't drink if I knew we were gonna see each other again."

You did not say anything this time.

"Say, Y/n," he called you and you hummed as a response. "Wanna get inside the pool?"

_______

Vote for the chapter please!