Three.

E L L I O T T C O L E

I had been at the club for three months, strangely in that time I had grown quite fond of Bea, she was almost like a sister to me. She worried about me and I worried about her. I had noticed she was becoming more and more stressed with every passing day like she was waiting for something bad to happen. 

Niall had stayed with me for the three months, every night after work we would spend the evening together in our small flats next to the club, our new home. I had one day off a week which was spent at the flat with Niall watching films, we didn't have much else to do. He did all the shopping whilst I worked so there was no reason for me to leave. 

Today I walked into the club, Bea looked like she was about to lose her shit already and it was only just time for the opening. "What's happened?" I asked her as I looked around at the staff who was setting up. 

Bea groaned, "I have no idea. Something doesn't feel right."

"Lately you've been on edge," I told her honestly as I smiled at her. "Nothing is different about today. Today is just another normal day." 

She put her hands on my shoulders, "You always know the right things to say. There I was thinking you were just some dumb blonde."

I rolled my eyes at her, "You should know me better than that by now." I smiled at her, "So what's tonight's plan?"

"You're on VIP bar tonight," she told me with a grin. "That's where the most trouble seems to occur."

The evening seemed to be flowing perfectly, I had served drinks all night, there was no one of any notability in the club as I worked, tonight was perfect so far

The evening seemed to be flowing perfectly, I had served drinks all night, there was no one of any notability in the club as I worked, tonight was perfect so far. Niall came up to the VIP area and ordered himself a drink and stood at the bar chatting to me for a while before someone ordered a drink. It was nice to have the company since we weren't too busy up here tonight, Niall always knew what to say to me too, sometimes he really was the sweetest.

Once I made the drink and took the money I returned to Niall who was watching people coming through the VIP barrier. "When are you taking a break?" He had been here with me for most of the evening and as the time had rolled on I still hadn't taken a break and by now it was almost ten.

Looking over at the clock I smiled, "About now sounds good to me."

Amanda took over from me at the bar as I walked around the bar and sat next to Niall, "I'm going to spend my break tonight on the dancefloor. I want to have some fun." Raising my eyebrows at him I wiggled my bum and shoulders with the music. 

He looked over at the dancefloor below, "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

Shrugging my shoulders I laughed, "Look, Liam might have sent me here to work but I can still have some fun right?" I grabbed his right hand as I pulled him so he came off the chair and sighed. "Come on, Niall. You can dance with me," I pouted at him. 

Standing his ground he shook his head, "Right now I'm saying you are not doing it. We are not going down there, we are not dancing." His tone was one of authority and his face told me he meant it, he never usually turned down any requests I had but this was different, I could see it in his eyes.

Letting go of his hand I groaned as I walked back around the bar, "If I can't have any fun, then I'm just going to take a large water and sit in the back room and be miserable." I rolled my eyes at Niall before I grabbed a glass and filled it with water before I looked back at him, he'd returned back to the seat he was previously perched on. Taking my glass I headed from behind the bar and down the stairs, sulking as I went. I hated when people spoiled my fun and to be honest I had not had a lot of that recently. 

Weaving through people I ended up bumping into a girl spilling my water down her dress. "Oh my God!" She shrieked loudly, "Look what you have done!" Her loud obnoxious voice when straight through me as I narrowed my left eye due to the high pitch in her tone. I rolled my eyes as I knew that it was just water, there was no reason for her to be so dramatic, although it was probably pretty cold.

"I'm sorry," I apologized as I looked at her. "I didn't-"

She held her hand up to silence me, my eyes widening and my eyebrows raising as I couldn't believe she had the audacity to silence me in such a way. "I'm out celebrating my birthday!" She snapped before I had a chance to say anything. "You have just ruined my evening!" I wanted to say something but she didn't give me a chance, "You've made a big mistake."

"Look," I shook my head, "I think you're overreacting just a little!" I tried to reason with her as I looked at her wet floral dress, to be fair to the young woman I would be pretty mad if I was out celebrating my birthday and this happened to me. 

She tucked her brown hair behind her ears before she slipped her right hand behind her back before bringing it back around, her hand coming towards my face. Grabbing her wrist I stopped her before she could touch me, "I wouldn't do that."

The girl yanked her hand back, "Don't you dare touch me." She narrowed her eyes before she walked away disappearing into the crowd. 

I shook my head before taking my empty glass and getting to the bar, walking through the beaded curtain and to the private area out the back. I could not be dealing with any drama tonight, not if it was totally irrelevant to anything. Spilling a drink down a girl was nothing to worry about. 

Sinking into a chair I allowed myself to relax as I closed my eyes just enjoying a few moments of peace. As I allowed my breathing to be at peace I listened to the sounds that filled the air. There was the bass in the background from the music, there were small screams out there but they sounded like screams of joy and close to me was the smacking of the bead curtain. Opening my eyes I saw Bea enter the room, a look of annoyance on her face. 

"What?" I asked as I stared at her as I sat up straight in the chair. 

She bit her lip, "There is someone out there asking for you."

"By name?" I said as I stood up and brushed myself down. 

Be shook her head as she looked at me, "No, she just sort of described you."

Groaning I walked out of the room and towards the beaded curtain, I opened them and stopped dead and stared as I looked at who I assumed was the woman waiting to see me. The look on her face was one of someone who had seen a ghost as she stared at me. She hadn't changed much, her brown hair was still long and wavy, her skin was still perfect with no flaws and her makeup was still on point in a way that only she knew how to do. 

Next to her was standing the girl with the wet dress, she was just looking up at her friend saying something, I couldn't hear anything though, everything seemed to stop like a blur as we stared at each other.

Stepping towards her, a slight smirk on my face, I spoke, my voice coming out in a silk-like tone. "Jessica," I bit my bottom lip playfully. "How nice to see you again after all this time." I licked my top lip as I looked at her worried face, her eyes wide and her mouth a little open, her skin pale as she just stared like a moron. "I take it, it's me you are looking for."