Thirtyfour.

Things were strained in the house, I could feel the tension whenever I left my bedroom, it was like the air was a thick smog every time I entered a room. After a couple of weeks, I was back to normal though, during those two weeks I had only seen my father briefly, he had told me he was trying to sort some business out, I guess he didn't know I was more involved in everything than he thought. Jessica only gave me dirty looks when she saw me, she hadn't tried to seek me out though, I wondered if she was a little scared of me, then I wondered if she was a little scared of my dad if she turned on me what would happen to her? She didn't know the answer and right now neither did I. Harry, well, I hadn't spoken at all to him since. Whenever I saw him he was with Jessica, she didn't allow him to be with me on my own, almost like she knew. He hadn't even tried to sneak into my room at night just to see me. 

Today was the first time I finally felt normal. When I left my new bed I thought today might be the day I dealt with Jessica but I wasn't ready yet. Today I was probably going to spend some time with my father, to make sure we were on the same page. After I showered I dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans and a long-sleeved black tee shirt before pulling on my combat boots and covering my eyes with a pair of large black sunglasses before running a brush through my blonde locks. 

Looking in the mirror I knew I was going to have to sort out the blonde, I wanted to return to brunette. My roots were coming through and it was kind of a mess, to be honest, I never wanted to be a blonde in the first place. My eyes landed on my cheek, my hand touched the smooth skin before I smiled to myself, I would never get over being normal looking.

Leaving my bedroom I headed down the stairs, my hand pushing my sunglasses away from my eyes and pushing my hair out of my face as I looked in the direction of the living room where Jessica was sitting alongside Harry, their hands linked together and as she noticed me she turned to face me, a slight smirk on her lips. 

Ignoring her I walked through the kitchen and to the other side of the house to where I might find my father. As I got to the door to the wing, I opened it to find Louis on the other side of the door, like he was waiting for someone. 

"Hey, Elliott," he smiled widely at me. "Feeling better?"

My eyes looked passed him and to the door where my father's office was before I looked back at Louis and smiled, "Much better. Is my father free?"

He sighed as he looked at me, his smile disappearing as he shook his head, his brown hair moving with every shake he made, "Unfortunately he's in an important meeting right now."

Looking Louis up and down, I examined his outfit, the black skinny jeans, the blue tee he wore under the black hoodie and on his feet was a pair of low cut trainers in black. My eyes returned to his face before I managed a smile again, "Well maybe you could interrupt him for me."

"No interruptions, no exceptions," Louis told me as he looked at me sternly. 

Biting my lip I nodded my head, back to business in the Cole household. "Please inform my father that I'll be out for most of the day. I have some business to attend to myself."

Louis' eyes widened as he moved quickly and shut the door behind me so I couldn't leave, "I can't let you go out of this house."

I eyed his hand on the door and looked back up at him and smirked, "Oh I love it when a man tells me what to do." I put my hand next to his on the door and winked at him before he removed his hand and took a few steps back. I rolled my eyes, "Like I said I have my own business to sort out. I'll be back before the end of the day." Today was the first day out of my room, I was just practicing my playing skills with Louis, it had been so long since I had just been myself.