Seventeen.

My father entered the room in his normal clothes, the leather jacket, the black jeans, the boots, he hadn't aged much, barely anything but the only thing new about him was a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire

My father entered the room in his normal clothes, the leather jacket, the black jeans, the boots, he hadn't aged much, barely anything but the only thing new about him was a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire. He swung his new found weapon as he walked closer to me before he held it up against my throat as he stood a few steps back, "I've been dying to meet you."

I wished that things could be different instantly. I should never have come here but it was too late for that. Now I would have to answer to my father and to the man who had been on my mind for the past three years. I wished I could get him out of my head but I couldn't. 

I raised my eyebrows before I rolled my eyes at this, I'd had worst things around my neck this did not scare me one bit. Ignoring the bat I moved against it pushing it against my skin as I used my hands and sat on the desk. "I have to say," I spoke with a smirk, "I'm surprised it's taken you this long." I changed my voice as I spoke on the off chance I might still get out of there, the chance was slim but here was hoping.

He pushed the bat further into my throat, the barbed wire catching on my chin, I always did know how to push people's buttons. "Take off those glasses, I wanna look into your eyes when we dispose of you."

Well, that was unexpected, quite rude actually. I didn't imagine my father was much of a talker when it came to business, but it must really hack you off when someone has been watching you, I guess he really needed to know who I was. Reaching for them I stopped as I touched the sides of them before I shook my head. 

My father lowered his bat almost as if he didn't believe what he was hearing before he looked back at Harry who was standing in the doorway watching on. He returned his gaze to me, "I take it you know who I am, or you wouldn't be breaking into my home. All I ask is that you at least show me the courteously to let me know who you are, then who you work for. There is no way you'll be leaving this house, so if you want all this to be worth nothing, go ahead, keep your mouth shut."

I owed nothing to this man, he'd believed that I was dead and did nothing to find me. I didn't even know if he'd exacted his revenge but from what I heard Max was still on the scene that my father was, so I guessed nothing had happened. That disappointed me, not that Max wasn't dead, but that my father had just let this happen. 

Tilting my head to the right I laughed as I stood up, I stopped laughing abruptly as I turned my head to look at the man who had brought me up. I wished I could burn him with a look but I wasn't superhuman, I was just myself and right now I was mad that he seemed to have forgotten all about me. 

"Let me," Harry snapped as he walked forward and got level with my father. "Knowing she's been creeping at my mum's house-"

"Be my guest," I shook my head as my father gave Harry to okay to intimidate me. 

Creeping at someone's home was almost unforgivable, apart from the fact I knew I hadn't crept. I had put the keys in the letterbox and left. I wanted more, I wanted to see him, I wanted talk to him and let him know that I was alive, but it was too late now. 

I smiled to myself as my father took a step back before leaning against the wall, Harry stepped forward towards me as I turned to face him, almost like I was willing him to do his worst. 

Watching him he looked mad, his lips in a thin line as he looked at the smile on my lips, "Do you honestly think this is all a game? Do you believe you are going to make it out of this situation?" 

Nodding my head at him I smirked. 

I guess this might have tipped him over the edge, my cocky attitude. His movements were quick and didn't give me any time to react as he grabbed me by the throat and pushed me into the wall, my head smacking off the wall. I winced at the pain in the back of my head before his grip around my neck tightened, my hands reaching for his as I closed my eyes. I hated anything around my neck, springing my eyes open I realised I needed to do something. 

Reaching for my sunglasses I pulled them off flinging them on the floor as I looked at Harry hoping for a moment's relief. Hoping that everything would come rushing back to him, that for a moment we'd be okay.

His angry green eyes burned into mine before he removed his hand like I was burning him, he stepped away from me as I took a deep breath in regaining the air that I had lost. 

I waited but he didn't speak, he just looked at me shock on his face. As I looked at my father for something he stood there pale as he just stared. I was hoping for more, but instead, I got nothing.

"Elliott?" My dad was the first to speak as he stepped forward, he ignored Harry as he headed towards me. "No, you can't be."

Pressing my lips together I nodded, "It's me, dad." I allowed my normal voice to come out as I spoke, I just wanted him to accept it was me standing in front of me. "Dad?" My voice begging as I looked at him, all I wanted was for him to pull me into his arms and hold me, tell me he'd missed me before kissing my forehead and pretending that nothing had ever happened to me, but that would be too much to ask.

He shook his head before he turned to Harry, "Get her out of here! I won't have an imposter in my home. I don't know who sent you here but you need to leave."

"What do I need to do to prove-" 

"Get her out!" My father snapped before he turned away.

It was enough to make me want to cry, I wanted my dad more than anything. "Dad, please?" I looked between my father and Harry before I narrowed my eyes, Harry tried to grab my arm but I looked at his hand before I moved my arm away from his grip. "Do not touch me," I sneered at him before I shook my head. "I'll see myself out." 

Walking past them both I headed to the front door, my heart heavy and my nerves shot. I had given in and let them know I was me and in return, I was told to believe. I knew it was hard for people to accept but I was actually alive. 

"If you're really Elliott," Harry's voice spoke loudly as I got to the front door, I stopped in the doorway, my eyes looking out into the driveway, my back to him and my hand on the door still. "Tell me something that only I'd know."

I wondered if he really wanted to know for himself or if he was asking to prove to my father. I wanted to prove I was me so much but I knew I should have to.

I sighed to myself before I turned and looked at him, I hated looking at him knowing that he didn't believe that I was me. I didn't ever want to see him again if he thought I was lying. I hated how green his eyes were, I hated how just looking at him made my insides turn to this horrible mush. "I shouldn't have to tell you anything," I stepped forward closer to him so I was in the shadows as I looked at him. "You should just know. You should be able to feel it." 

His whole demeanour was of a furious man, someone who maybe wanted revenge as they stared at me. "The girl I knew is dead. Leave before I do something I regret."

I didn't want to anger him any more but maybe it was the only way to get through to him. I turned away from him and back to the door, walking away before I stopped at the entrance, deciding to tell him something, "You don't scare me, Harry Styles." I smiled to myself as I walked away from him.