Twentyone.

E L L I O T T C O L E

I didn't know what I was doing, what I really wanted to do was see Jessica, I wanted to know why she had done this. Will drove me towards my father's home but on the way, we passed by Zayn's old home. Stopping the car outside the block of flats I took a moment to look up at the place where he had lived. I couldn't believe that I had done that, I had been the one to end his life and there was nothing anyone could do about it. "What are we doing here?" Will asked me as he followed my gaze. 

"I guess I just wanted to see," I admitted as I looked back at Will. "Is that wrong?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "I might be a wanted man but I can't say it's because of anything like that. If the FBI caught up with me though, I would have a lot of explaining to do."

Laughing at his comment I leaned my head on his shoulder and smiled, "I wish I had met you sooner. Honestly, you are great."

"You're not so bad yourself," he told me before he kissed my hair. 

Smiling I just couldn't believe I had found someone who I wanted to keep in my life so much, like the brother Thomas should have been to me. "Do you think in another life things between us would be different?" I asked him as I sat back up properly in my seat and looked at him. 

Will nodded, "In another life, we're probably already married with kids."

"Oh," I giggled at him. "I guess this life isn't meant for such exciting things." 

He gave me a sad look before he nodded in agreement, "I think we are both destined to be miserable in this life."

He had hit the nail on the head, I didn't want to be miserable, I wanted to be happy, I wanted to have the best life one could have but right now I knew that wasn't happening. "Why don't we just leave all this behind, me and you, just run away together?" I suggested as I smiled at him. 

He raised his eyebrows before he forced a smile and shook his head, "We both know that running away isn't going to solve any problems."

I groaned, "Surely running away has to be better than being here. I'm here and the only person I have is you, I would rather have you a million miles from here than here with all the bullshit problems we both have here."

Will took my hand in his and sighed, "If we go then you're never going to be happy. You will always want the answers from your father. You'll always have Harry in the back of your mind like you have for the past three years. If you think running away is going to solve all of this then you are crazy."

"What's keeping you here, really?" I asked him as I narrowed my eyes at him. I was a little annoyed at him putting a dampener on all my ideas. All I wanted was to leave everything behind. Shannon had made it obvious that it didn't matter what I thought about Harry, he was happy with Jessica, he'd moved on and I was just going to have to do the same. 

He took his hand from mien before he looked down at his hands, "Where ever I go they will find me. I stay here because it's easier than running away and trying to have a normal life. I've come to terms that I will be forever single and stuck hacking for the rest of my life."

As I opened my mouth to say something I saw a woman step out of the flat block, I looked at her as I leaned forward in the chair and eyed her up. It was definitely Jessica, I would know her anywhere.