Eleven.

Heading across town and towards Granston I made sure to take the back roads and alleyways, keeping out of the way of cameras and people. Getting to the main road where the front of the house was on I walked until I was opposite the gates to the house. I stood across the street and just stared over with my hood still up over my head, my face having shadows cast over it, my hands casually in my pockets holding the weapons ready to strike if required. 

Outside the gates were two men who were now looking directly at me as I stood just staring at the metal gates that were closed to the world. "Move along!" One of the men called across to me as I looked him up and down, both of them were holding guns on straps around their necks. 

Squinting my eyes at him I recognised him as one of the men who used to drive my father around, James, a man who had given up his whole life to be here for my father. I remembered hearing him expressing that he would never see his five kids again in order to provide for them. I looked away and continued to walk on, I knew a way into the grounds which I had used once or twice when I was younger. 

Walking around the large property I made my way towards the stream that went around the back of the garden, it had taken a good half an hour to get here. Slowly I counted the large rocks until I came to the fifth one which I jumped up onto before climbing down the other side and prying open the loose pieces of wire fencing which I had previously cut as a child. All I had to contend with now was a large metal fence. This used to be the place I used to sneak in and out of the garden when I went out at night, knowing that no one would ever check on me once I went to bed.

I lifted my foot up to the dent that I had created before I hoisted myself up and looked over into the garden, my hands tucked in the sleeves of the jacket I was wearing not to leave my prints behind. There didn't seem to be anyone around, so I climbed over steadying myself on the grass the other side before standing around the side of the nearest building, my father's summer house. 

As I stood there I looked in through the window at all the furniture he'd get out during the summer, our evenings and sometimes days filled with BBQ's and friends, drinking into the early hours, trying to be completely normal. I missed those days. 

Just as I went to step out of the shadows I heard the door open, my body freezing where it was, the distinct squeak of the back door obvious before I heard his voice. 

"I can't really speak now, Shannon." 

It was Harry and I think he was on the phone. He still sounded the same, he sounded perfect but stressed, I wished I could just let him know I was here, I wished that things could just be as they were before. I didn't want to step out of the shadows and surprise him in case things went wrong. For now, I was going to just listen. 

"What are you talking out?" His voice sounded surprised. 

It felt like it had been so long since I had heard his voice, so long since we'd been this close to each other, even if he didn't know it. Breathing slowly and quietly I tried to not concentrate on how loud my heartbeat was right now. 

I heard his footsteps, "She's dead, there is no way you saw her." He told his sister, I guessed he was talking about me. His voice was getting louder as he continued to take steps. "Why are you doing this to me? I already told you earlier I don't need this on a day like today."

Panic was ripping through me as my eyes widened as his voice almost sounded like he was next to me. I turned my head to the side but he wasn't there which meant he was so very close to the shed I was leaning against. 

"Jessica got her results today," he said as I felt the shed shake and heard the sound of him lean against it. "It's not epilepsy." He sighed, "They think they are caused by stress. If I tell her about this it's only going to cause more stress, Shannon."