Thirtyseven.

Unfortunately, my mind had a tendency to over think things. With the drink buzzing through my system, the hatred in my veins, the disappointment in my mind and the break in my heart I was left in my room alone. I switched on my iPod connecting to a playlist full of sad and heartbreaking songs which I played through my headphones whilst I cried. My bed was of no comfort to me, instead, I found myself leaving my room and wandering the empty house at an ungodly hour. 

I hadn't changed but it wasn't like I was wearing anything special, I had managed to cover my feet with my socks though. Creeping down the hall I passed the bedrooms of everyone else in the house, my eyes looking at the closed doors. I hated being alone, knowing that no one was coming to save me anytime soon. 

Downstairs wasn't much better, it creeped me out how quiet it was, I knew it was empty as I had heard Louis leave after he'd taken me to my bedroom. I had pretended to sleep so he would leave quicker. Now I was downstairs in the house looking for something anything. 

I tried to be perfect
But nothing was worth it
I don't believe it makes me real

Sad lyrics flowed through my mind as the music played. I guess the words had never felt more real than how they did right now. I walked through the house, looking in every room to see if there was something, anything. 

In my dad's office, I sat on his chair and stared at the screens which were fully functional now. There was no much to report in the house and for a second I could just sit here and pretend this was another time, that I was back in the house with Harry, but I knew that would never happen again. 

"Get it together, Elliott," I spoke to myself as I shook my head. I needed to try and move on, I was stuck in the past. 

Leaving the office I headed down to the basement area, there was no much of anything down here. I went into the room where everything seemed to happen, the room I had been held captive in, the same room Will had been in. 

Running my fingers on my left hand along the wall I felt the wall crumbling underneath my fingertips. I opened the drawers in the room rummaging through the endless crap that occupied them before I found an old knife, the blade a little rusty. I ignored it before I rummaged more, I pulled out another knife, this one had a cover on the blade. Slowly I removed the cover, the blade revealed as a large serrated shiny blade. A smirk left my lips as I placed it on the sideboard before I continued looking in the drawer. 

In the bottom of the last drawer, I found something I hadn't been looking for but I took it anyway, a handgun. I checked it and found there were bullets in it before I stuffed it into my jeans pocket before I picked the knife back up. 

The music in my head was still loud as I turned around to the door, I half expected to see someone there but there was no one, almost like how I expected my life to be now. 

Heading back to my bedroom I closed the door of my bedroom slowly turning the key in my door locking it. I returned to my bed where I laid, I held my hands above my head so I could see them before I examined my tattoos. 

The number on my hand was something I could learn to live with, it didn't look too bad on my skin but when I looked at the black band around my wrist I sighed. I wished it wasn't so dark, so obvious, still, there was nothing I could do about it now. 

I'm not the sort of person who falls in and quickly out of loveBut to you I gave my affection right from the startI have a lover who loves me, how could I break such a heartYet still you get my attention

I loved this song so much, I loved the sadness in the voice of the singer. I wished things were like how they were in this song. At least the lyrics implied that the person gets to see who they love, they get to hear from them, I get nothing.