Fortynine.

As I drove in the darkness I reached over yanking the glovebox open, there happened to be a few guns, a knife and a mobile phone tucked amongst the car papers. Grabbing the phone I was relieved to find it was just a cheap burner phone, looking down at the phone I clicked on the dialling screen before glancing at the clear road ahead checking that I was still safe on the road before typing in the number I had in my eyes glancing at the road every few seconds. Once the number was entered I pressed call and placed it on loudspeaker as I focused my eyes on the road. 

I had just turned onto a main dual carriageway but luckily there was not too much traffic around, I was too mad right now to be dealing with people and their shit driving. My mind was elsewhere this evening and right now I was a mess.

The phone rang several times before I heard it pick up, "What is it this time, Styles?"

Everything stopped for a moment as I opened my mouth wide not quite believing what I had heard. I looked down at the phone and saw the name was there in black and white of the person I was calling, Michael. Now Michael and I had an understanding but it didn't explain why his number was in this burner phone of Harry's.

"Styles, I don't have all day!"

Harry had Michael in his phone, Michael thought he was talking to Harry, I couldn't quite believe it. Everything was a dreadful mess and right now I didn't know what I was supposed to say as I silently stared at the screen on my phone wishing I had never tried to reach out to him.

My head was pounding, my mind was somewhere else and in the corner of my mind I heard a low constant sound which was becoming louder in each passing second. My eyes flickered back to the road as I realised that the sound was a car horn, my eyes widening as I saw the bright light of the oncoming automobile. It wasn't going away, it was coming straight towards me. 

I yanked hard on the steering wheel swerving out of the way of the oncoming car my foot trying to press on the brake, my hands clammy and panic setting in. I couldn't control the car as I tried to steady the wheel but my clammy hands not helping the situation, the front bumper of the vehicle slamming into the bumper and lunging forward. A scream left my lips as the car lifted into the air and over the barrier and onto the grass the roof of the car smashing into the ground. Banging my head off the steering wheel before he had launched in the air I felt a little relief in the air before it hit the wheel again on ground impact. My head throbbed as I tried to breathe normally, there was nothing normal about this, I was just screaming, my brain unable to process what had just happened. 

Reaching down I felt around for my seat belt, my hands struggling as I looked ahead trying to focus on something, anything to keep me sane as I stopped the screams. I needed to get out of here alive, I needed to live and be happy, I needed more than this. The pain was everywhere, it was probably more to the shock but at that moment in time, it felt real. Pressing on the button of my belt I didn't brace myself as I fell forward and onto the overturned roof.

I pushed myself so I was just up enough to army crawl forward my arms covered in shattered glass as I made my way out of the broken car. Once I made it out of the wreck I reached back in and picked up the mobile phone and the weapons from the roof before slowly pushing my limits and getting to my feet. Everything was shaky as I felt a little dizzy, I needed to try and make that feeling go away, I couldn't be like this right now.

"Oh my God!" I heard a shout making me look up as I tucked the weapons into my pockets quickly. "Are you okay?!" The owner of the voice was a young female who stared at me with wide eyes as I turned my head to see her standing by the side of the road staring at me. 

Pushing my sticky hair from my face I managed to nod at her as I looked back at the overturned car my breath returning to normal, I tried to reason with myself telling myself that I was alive that I was lucky. "I'm fine," I whispered as I staggered away from the car and towards the woman who stepped back towards her car.