Twentytwo.

H A R R Y S T Y L E S 

"Styles!" Terry's voice called me as I was heading down the stairs after an eventful night.

I turned back and looked at him, "Is everything okay?" I asked him as I rubbed my eyes and headed towards him. 

Terry held a white piece of paper in his hand that he was shaking around as he looked at me, "I think you and me best have a little chat."

My eyes looked at the paper in his hands but I couldn't make anything out as he waved it so rapidly. "Okay," I said as I looked back into his eyes. 

I followed him to his office which he seemed to have put back in order after the visit from the blonde girl. Before I could sit he spoke, "Don't sit down. This is not an informal chat," he told me as he walked around the desk and sat down before he shook his head. "At first I thought I might be going crazy, the girl that was here, she couldn't have been my daughter."

Listening to him I decided not to speak, did he really want to hear that I agreed with him? I think the problem was I did agree with him and maybe now it was too late to voice that to him. 

"Then I received this letter from her," he placed down the piece of paper that he'd been holding. 

My eyes looked down at the paper on his desk. The writing was clear and neat as I skimmed over parts of it. It was about feelings, how sad this person was, how she loved him and how much she was sorry. It was signed by Elliott at the bottom, I looked up at Terry and nodded. "What makes you believe that she is the one writing this?"

Terry opened his drawer and pulled out an envelope which he chucked down on top of the letter, on the front it had my name on it. I stared at it before my eyes met Terry's, "Open it," he told me. 

Reaching down I picked it up and slowly opened it before the words jumped out at me. It wasn't too long, but the message was clear. 

"Read it out loud," Terry instructed. "I can already guess what it says before you read it."

I gulped as I looked down at the words on the page before I looked at Terry, "It's not what you think."

"Read it!" He demanded aggressively. 

My eyes glanced back down at the paper before I read aloud from the letter I had received. "Harry," my eyes read ahead, I knew that when I started to read this out loud Terry was going to kick off. Looking back up at Terry who was sitting on his chair, his legs up on his desk folded and his lips curled in a smirk like he already knew. My eyes returned to the paper, "The past three years I spent thinking about our final conversation. To be honest it was one of the only things that kept me going. Now I realise that I was just holding onto a memory, hoping that you felt the same way for so long that I never stopped to find out the answer." 

Taking a deep breath I pinched the top of my nose before letting go and holding the paper with both hands. "I'm sorry for all the grief I caused when we were in that house, I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused since I returned back here." The words were becoming less and less as I read them. "Don't blame Shannon for any of this, she gave me the answers you were never going to give me. Look after my father, keep him safe." Her words made me feel bad for everything I had done. "E."

I heard clapping, looking up it was Terry, a slow sarcastic clap as he continued to smirk at me. "Isn't that just beautiful?" He asked me before he shook his head and moved his legs off the desk, the clapping ceasing. "It was her, the blonde, that really was Elliott?" His face wasn't that of a smug man any more, he looked broken as he realised what kind of mistake he had made by sending that girl away. He picked up the letter from his desk and looked up at me, his eyes sad as he looked down at the words on his letter. "Dad," he started to read out loud to me. "I know you have wondered where I have been for three years, luckily for me when Max sold me on I went to someone I didn't even know existed, my half brother, Liam. He scared me, he told me things I didn't need to know, he taught me how to survive."