Fiftythree.

Returning home was not an option right now, I didn't know if they were going to stay there or if they would move on once they had Brit back but I bet whatever happened next she'd let her dad know about me. Not only was I a distraction for my father but also for his right-hand man and she knew it. I dropped the gun in bushes as I ran, I needed to get as far away as possible from this, I couldn't be found with any weapons either, that made me a bigger threat and target.

Getting off the streets I kept to the back streets and alleyways, knowing my way around my hometown always came in handy every now and again. Heading towards the town I got to the apartment block Zayn had lived in before I headed up towards the flat he'd been living in. Standing outside of the door I put my hand on it, memories of all the old times came rushing back as I stood there like an idiot. 

I let out a scream as he chased me around the living room before he caught me and planted a kiss on my cheek, he laughed as we tumbled to the room next to the sofa and I looked over at him. "You, Elliott Cole, are something special."

I shook my head as I took my hand off the door as it just opened. I guess since his murder no one wanted to live here, I, on the other hand, just needed somewhere to go for now. Pushing the door open with my foot I listened carefully to see if anyone was around, I couldn't hear anyone, so I continued on into the flat. 

My hands were shaking as I pushed the door closed behind me, walking through into the living room area, I bit my lip as I looked around the now empty room. On the floorboards, though there was a bloodstained patch on the floorboards, the guilt I felt was horrendous as I stared down at it. 

"Hello, sister." 

The voice made me jump, my heart was beating rapidly as I turned my head and saw my brother standing in the doorway of what was the bedroom. Since I last saw him he'd let his hair grow, now his hair was a little longer on top and his facial hair was basically a full beard. I stepped back as I stared at him not believing I was face to face with him. 

"It's not like you to have nothing to say, Ell."

He was right, yet I didn't know what to say as I gawped at him. I was a little scared, I didn't know what he was going to do next. Last time I saw him I framed him for the murder of his boss, I did it to save myself but now my father knew it was really me who had done it. Whatever he wanted, whatever his plans were none of it changed the fact he left me, he left the family. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as I backed away from him, he took small steps towards me and before I knew it my back was against the wall. He stepped towards me, a few paces and there was only an arms length between us when he stopped. "Thomas?"

He bit his lip as he studied my face then he spoke, his eyes meeting mine again. "Since you and your good friend, Michael, made sure my life was over, I have been here." He watched me as I looked around the flat, almost feeling sorry for him. "I couldn't just run home to dad, could I?"

I looked him up and down, little did he know. If he had just come home dad would have forgiven him, after all, now my father only had me to rely on and I was a mess. I was the one bringing trouble to my father door, having me was a distraction and I and everyone around me knew it. 

"I have nothing left to live for, not that you're here right now."

My eyes widened as he pulled a gun from his pocket. "Don't be stupid, Thomas." I shook as he raised the gun to my head, the barrel resting against my temple. "You don't need to do this," my eyes watered as I realised he was right, he didn't have anything to lose by doing this and that was the worst thing for someone in my situation. "Please, Thomas," I begged as I stared into his eyes, the same eyes as mine. "Please." Tears streamed down my face as the pressure on my head increased as he held it tightly against me.