Thirtysix.

• Đã dành riêng cho R_M656

"I have no idea what you expect me to do," I sighed as I looked at Michael. "But I have enough of my own problems to deal with." I looked back at the picture on the wall as I waited for his reply. 

"Okay so I don't know what I want you to do," Michael admitted slowly. "I guess I am just warning you that Thomas is out to get you."

Rolling my eyes I looked back at him, "Even now, no one would believe that I did that to Max. My father is still treating me like a child, he's barely spoken to me since I returned home. I thought that getting my old life back would resolve all my problems, it's probably just made them worse."

"Families, they are more trouble than they are worth. You do realise you are stronger than you think, you can take whatever you want. You are Elliott Cole, you have done some pretty crazy things, some things other girls can only dream of."

I turned away from the wall and looked around the room for something else to focus on, "I wish that was true." I couldn't focus on anything else instead I was drawn back to the picture, my eyes watering as I stared at the faces of the babies. "Thanks."

He took a few steps away from me but talked as he did, "I don't feel like I've done anything."

"No, you have." I whipped my head to him and looked at him, my hair swishing as I moved. I smiled at him, "I am Elliott Cole. I can do whatever I want."

Michael nodded, "Well, Elliott Cole, what exactly are you going to do?"

"Before I can do anything I need to get my hands on a few items," I shrugged my shoulders. "But you're right, I can do anything."

I found myself in a club that evening, I had been there a couple of hours, I'd managed to wangle quite a few free drinks and I was feeling a little drunk

I found myself in a club that evening, I had been there a couple of hours, I'd managed to wangle quite a few free drinks and I was feeling a little drunk. I needed it, I needed to feel free even if only for a little while. Grabbing my drink from the bar I took a few large mouthfuls of the sweet tasting liquid before I smiled to myself. 

Drinking gave me a buzz that I needed, something I so desperately craved. Seeing Will and Bea today had been good for the time that I was there but I knew I couldn't stay with them forever. Happiness can only last so long. 

After finishing off my sixth drink I stumbled over to the dancefloor discarding my shoes on the way. I found myself in the middle of the dancefloor, my heart beating to the music, my eyes mesmerized by the lights and my mind wrapped in the words to every song. 

As I danced with myself I let it all go, the drink took over my body, allowing my dance to be free as my mind just listened to the words, the words of every love song that seemed to be playing. I tried to find my comfort in the words that played but I just found myself getting wound up by every single word that was sung. 

And love is all that I need
And I found it there in your heart

Staggering away from the dancefloor I made my way to the bar where I ordered a couple more drinks that I drank in quick succession before moving away from the bar, the drink catching up with me quickly as I sloppily walked towards the exit, my bare feet cold on the floor. 

"Love," I heard a voice before someone touched my arm. 

I turned my head to see a man who was looking at me with a look of concern. "Get off me!" I snapped at him as I tried to pull away from his grip. 

"Let's just get you a taxi home," he said as he ushered me to the door. His eyes landed on my wrist tattoo as he walked with me, "I'm a bouncer, I just want to make sure you leave here safely."

My mind heard him but I couldn't quite work out what to say in return, I didn't need to say anything as he helped me into a taxi before he handed the driver some money and told the driver to take me wherever I wanted to go. He closed the door leaving me in the taxi on my own. 

"Where to then?" I heard the driver ask. 

Looking out of the window I groaned, "Granston country house."

The driver didn't speak again before he moved away from the curb. 

Sitting in the back of the cab I enjoyed the drunk feeling for all of about two minutes until I started to feel sick, my mind whirring and my heart rate soaring as we edged closer to my home. Once we got to the gates I told the cab driver that I would be okay from here before I fell out of the cab onto the pavement in front of the gates. The guys on watch, Joel and Si, headed to me and helped me to my feet before they sent the taxi on his way. 

"Your dad has been worried sick about you," Si informed me as they both moved away from me once I was on my feet. 

I yawned before I spoke, "I'm sure he has had enough other things to keep him occupied." I narrowed my eyes as I swayed a little. "Just take me to the house."

They exchanged a look, I might have been drunk but I noticed it. The look that I gave someone when I couldn't be arsed with someone's shit, that was the look. Si nodded at Joel before he turned to me, "Come on then kid-"

"I am not a kid!" I blurted out before Si opened the gate for me. "I just, I..." I trailed off as I didn't know what to say anymore. 

He led the way to the car before he opened the door for me, I climbed into the passenger seat before he got into the driver's seat and drove me up to the house. When we got to the front of the house I sighed when I saw my father standing in the doorway of the house watching as Si parked the car. 

"Well, thanks for calling ahead," I grumbled before I got out the car slamming the door behind me and walking across the gravel towards the front door where my eyes locked my father's.

His face was stony as he looked at me, but it soon turned to disappointment, he shook his head at me before he turned away from me and walked into the house. 

I stopped on the gravel, my bare feet not feeling the effects of the sharp stones on my soles. I certainly was not drunk enough for this shit, I couldn't deal with the shame of knowing he was disappointed. Closing my eyes I breathed through my nose and out through my mouth for a minute before I continued to the house. 

Entering the door I closed it behind me and walked through to the kitchen, I turned the light on before I rummaged through the fridge, I was annoyed to find no alcohol in this fridge. It was bare of anything unhealthy too, everything seemed to be all health food, all things that were good for you. 

I wrinkled my nose before I closed the fridge before jumping a little when I saw Louis standing there in the kitchen, his eyes on me. "What do you want?" I snapped as I glared in his direction. 

"Someone's gotta check on the drunk," he rolled his eyes. "I drew the short straw."

I tried to walk towards him but only ended up stumbling onto the floor where I pulled myself into a sitting position and leaned against the cupboard. I didn't look up at Louis, my eyes stared at the floor as I leaned my head back against the cold wood behind me. "This isn't how it's supposed to be," I told him even though I knew I was saying it more to myself. "Coming home was supposed to be a good thing."

He sat on the floor next to me, he looked at me. I hoped he understood that right now I was hurting. 

I put my head on his shoulder as the tears fell from my eyes. I hated being the upset drunk, I hated being weak but lately, it felt that was all I was, yet I couldn't stop myself. "Why is everything so messed up?" I asked not wanting an answer. "I was supposed to come home and everything was supposed to be perfect, it was supposed to fall into place." I didn't wipe the tears away as I put my hands on my knees as I brought them up in front of myself. "I thought he loved me, he told me he loved me too." A strangled sighed left my lips as I hiccuped before closing my eyes.