Forty.

She looked at me, her face worried as she looked away from me to anyone that would help her before she backed away from me and into the house, I let her take those few steps back before she turned and ran. I rolled my eyes as I watched her run through to the kitchen, I knew she was probably going to run through to the other side into the wing where my father conducted his business. Letting out a groan I casually walked after her, my ears listening for every sound she made, I went through the kitchen and towards the door which leads to my father's office and other rooms. 

I stood at the door as I listened out for her, I could hear her rustling around in the meeting room. Crossing the hall to the door I opened it up and stepped inside. She was standing by the front of the room where there was a desk before all the chairs in the rest of the room. I closed the door behind me locking it before removing the key and placing it in my jacket pocket before patting my hand over the pocket.

"What are you going to do?" She asked me as I turned and looked at her. She didn't look impressed as she looked at me, almost scared.

To be fair I hadn't thought that far ahead, I guess I needed answers before I made decisions although I already knew what I had ahead. "Take a seat, Jessica."

She looked towards the chairs before she looked back at me as I walked around the chairs in the room making my way to the front of the room. She stepped back and stood by the end of the row as I took a seat on the first row and looked at her. Slowly she took a seat on the last chair on the front row, five seats away from me.

I heard the door handle being tried but I kept my eyes on her as she turned to look, I knew it wasn't being opened as I had the key. She looked back at me with wide eyes as it dawned on her that no one could help her right now, well not until the spare key was found. 

"Why?" I asked her as I put my hands on my lap and turned slightly on my seat so I was facing her. 

She frowned almost like she expected me to know. "It doesn't matter now."

"No," I said as I shook my head. "It matters to me!" My voice was loud as I snapped at her, I needed to know the truth. 

Watching her she looked away from me, her eyes looking down at her hands. "It wasn't supposed to be this way," she looked back at me, her eyes sad as she stared at me. "When Zayn came around he made me see the real you, you had always been so selfish," she grinned as she spoke. "Everything was about Ell, Elliott Cole, the great Elliott Cole, everyone around you was so scared of you because of your father. You were weak then, you're weak now." She narrowed her eyes at me as she smirked. 

"Ell!" I heard my father shout from the other side of the door. 

I kept my gaze on Jessica who continued to smirk, "Go on, go to your father. Do as you are told." She stood up as she spoke, "You have always done whatever he told you to do. You were just his puppet. You'll never amount to anything." She laughed, "When Zayn introduced me to Max and he offered me whatever I wanted in exchange for me helping Zayn, I couldn't resist it." 

She put her hands on her knees as she shrugged her shoulders, "It was so easy. All I had to do was be your best friend, be the same person I had always been. Listen to your problems, pretend to care." She tilted her head and leaned it on her shoulder before she spoke again. "Just in case you're wondering, your only worth 60K a year." She was cold as she spoke to me, her voice pure evil. "I would have done it for nothing, knowing you were miserable made me happy. Sleeping with both Zayn and Harry, well that was just the icing on the cake."

I tried to ignore the rising feelings of jealous that ate away at me inside, I hated how she knew what would wind me up. I hated how well she knew me, everything she had with my father was all I wanted from him. Everything she had with Harry was all I wanted with him. She had taken that because I was a selfish friend because she could. I had made it easy and I had been careless.