Thirteen.

E L L I O T T C O L E

Watching people had been so easy, they had made it almost too easy that I was worried that I was doing something wrong. I had spent the last three days just watching my old house from a car, parking it down the road from the gates and watching the gates. Not that there was anything to see, no one seemed to be coming or going. I was holed up in a car I had borrowed from one of Will's friends, sitting with binoculars, eating crap and reading a book Will had leant me. I had to say the most interesting thing that had happened was the shitty love story in the book I was engrossed in. 

As I laid back in the car I rested the book on the dashboard before pulling down the visor and looking at my reflection in the mirror. I adjusted my hood so it covered my hair properly before putting my large sunglasses over my eyes as I sighed. Watching really was tiring. Will had told me that this was a bad idea but I didn't listen. If I didn't get any results by the end of the day I was going to have to break in the back garden again, not that it went so well the last time. 

Will had informed me that the body of a young lad was found in one of the flats close to town, he already knew as did I, that it was Zayn. I felt nothing though, no remorse, it was something I felt like I needed to do. I didn't know how Will felt about that, knowing that he definitely had a cold-blooded murderer living under his roof, to be honest it made me a little uneasy and it was me that had done it. 

I wondered what Jessica was thinking, I wondered if she knew it was me. I wondered if she even knew that he was dead, yet. It was only a matter of time before she found out unless she was the one who found him. I hoped that she did, I hoped she joined all the dots and she knew it was me. She couldn't confide in my father or Harry or they would know the truth. 

Looking towards the gate I saw the two men on guard moving towards each other, they looked like they were talking before looking in my direction. My eyes widened behind my sunglasses as one of them walked towards my car. 

Putting my hands on my hood I made sure it was pulled over my head properly before gripping the steering wheel with my left hand and putting my right hand in my pocket, gripping the handle of the knife in my pocket. When I looked up I noticed it was Paul who was walking to my car, I looked at the way he held his gun, close to his body but with his left hand near the trigger like he was waiting to press it any second. 

I hitched my breath as he knocked on the window of my car, I turned my head and looked at him before I pressed the button letting the window down a little, just enough for me to hear him but not enough for him to get his hand into the car. 

"Ma'am," he spoke clearly as he looked at me. He was so polite as he spoke, "Please could you move on?"

"Is it, or is it not a free country?" I asked him in a squeaky voice as I tilted my head to the side. 

He was watching me intensely before he put his left hand on his gun, "Move your car, or I'll be forced to move you along."

I raised my eyebrows as I looked him up and down, not that he knew I was doing this due to my oversized black sunglasses. I placed my left hand over my chest acting distraught before I smiled, "Well, thank you for your threats of violence, I'll bear that in mind when I am next this way." I moved my left hand and closed the window before starting the car and driving away before getting myself into a situation I couldn't get out of.