Twentysix.

It was almost like Harry and I were having a competition to see who would blink first, his eyes were intense and angry as he kept his eyes on me. These were the same stupid green eyes which had always been with me. 

"Ell," my father said my name in a warning tone. 

Lowering my gun I returned it to my pocket before I held my hands up and smiled like nothing had just happened. Tilting my head to the right I looked at my father, "I just want to see Will."

"He's not who you think he is!" Harry blurted out making me look back at him. 

I pressed my lips together, "I don't care much for your opinion. Please step aside."

Watching him he looked at my father before he stepped out of the way giving me access to the door. Putting my hand on the handle I opened it, my eyes immediately landing on Will. 

He looked dreadful, his eyes were bloodshot with bags under them, the right eye was particularly swollen with bruising around it, his hands were behind the chair that he was sat on, all I could assume was he was tied to it. Around his midsection was rope binding him to the seat he was in. 

I sucked in my bottom lip and bit down on it as I walked towards him, my hands pushing the door closed behind me yet I didn't hear it close. I stood in front of Will who managed to look up at me with sad eyes before I took my knife from my pocket and in a swift motion cut all the rope at the front before I headed around to his hands which were behind his back. 

Looking down at the ropes binding his hands together I cut them before I looked up at the doorway, there stood my father and Harry just inside the room. Will moved his hands around and rubbed his wrists that were red raw as I made eye contact with my father my eyes full of sadness and disappointment. 

"You don't understand the implications of what you have done," my father told me as he stared at me. 

My eyes travelled to Will who was still tending to his wrists, looking back up at my dad I sighed. "No, you are the one who doesn't understand." I stood up to him as I moved to the side of Will. "Will has been the one who has helped me whilst you pretended that I wasn't me. Will was the only one who has helped me, I don't care what's he's done, just leave it."

"Elliott, please."

I looked down at Will before I offered him my left hand, he put his hand in mine as he got to his feet. Turning my body to him I checked over the bruising on his face, my right hand's fingers grazing over it as he winced showing it was painful. 

"He was working with Max!" Harry snapped loudly. 

My eyes were drawn to Harry who was trying to stand tall and proud. Every time I looked at him I knew I felt something, no matter how much I told myself differently. I wanted nothing more than to run to him and believe everything that he was saying, but this was a lie. Will wasn't working with anyone, he worked for people and found out information, he did not have a boss. 

I shrugged my shoulders knowing that Max could no longer hurt me. There was nothing that man could do to me ever again. Michael would forever keep the Demrou's away from me and my life could be relatively free from dying, until Liam caught up with me, which he would sooner or later. There was no way he was letting me get away with leaving, not without a fight. 

"You do know Max is dead, don't you, Elliott?" My father asked me as he softened. "Your brother, it was a revenge killing."

Ahh, so a story had been spun, the story being Thomas had murdered Max for revenge. As much as I wasn't happy with it, it would do for now.