Chapter 32

Little Cato didn't know whenever to be excited or nervous, he anxiously played with his tail as the others seemed to eye him, surprised that he was in.
The boy wanted to play and show off his skills but right now he wasn't so sure, how was he supposed to have fun with everyone staring at him? What if the other students started bullying him again? What if Gary didn't come.

The morning was spent to pretty much do attendance, warm ups and stretches so no one would get hurt- there were a few kids who pushed him and laughed at him here and there but other than that nothing like the usual punches.

When the times for parents to come in had finally came, Little Cato wanted to hide immediately. He immigrated to the corner of the school instead of running to the gates like every other kid, anxiously crossing his arms and trying to seem as though he wasnt expecting someone. Little Cato didn't want to get his expectations too high- because if Gary really couldn't come then he would've been excited for no reason, which hurt quite a lot more...

Many parents had already began to come in and set out their picnic towels around the school yard, talking to their children and laughing together.
Little Cato huffed, kicking a rock away as the laughter seemed to ring in his ears-
Maybe he should just leave...
But what if Gary actually comes?
No...he wouldn't- Little Cato should just leave

"Hold me up higher!" A familiar voice called "he is very small! I need to- Oh! Oh! There he is!"

Little Cato looked up to see an oddly tall Gary waving at him with a huge smile, slowly lowering to a normal size.

"Come on Avocato!" Gary took Avocato's  hand and started dragging him away from the crowd to Little Cato.

Little Cato gasped at the name, standing away from the wall as he saw Gary pull an embarrassed Avocato

"Little Cato!" Gary placed a big bag down and engulfed the boy in a hug, spinning and setting him down "hope you don't mind that I brought someone along"

Little Cato stammered, slowly lifting his finger to point at Avocato
"H-how? Why?! Dont you have work?" He asked

"Well..." Avocato chuckled in amusement "I was late for work- plus...Couldn't miss you being awesome, could I?" Avocato placed his hand on Little Cato's head with a smile.

Little Cato didn't smile but his tail wagged happily behind him as he shyly looked down. Both adults chuckled at the kid, Gary leaning down to pick up the bag and look around- it was familiar to him, the school setting, but only because he went to primary...it brought him good memories.

"So...where to son?" Avocato asked, patting the boy's back.
Little Cato grinned Big as he realised that his father and Gary were actually here with him, he grabbed both their hands and started pulling them along to a spot.
Gary pulled out a towel out of the bag and set it up before pulling out some boxes with food he had made and a bottle of juice as well.

Little Cato practically bounced in his seat, watching Gary set out the food and trying his best not to drool

"Save the energy for the event" Avocato laughed

"All students please come join for the pledge to the Lord Commander" a voice announced on the radio.

Little Cato huffed, standing up with disappointment as he wanted to eat already. He joined the rest of his class and placed his hand against his chest just like everyone else

"For eternity, for Lord Commander" a teacher announced

"For eternity! For Lord Commander!" The children followed up.

Parents cheered and clapped, Avocato simply clapping with his hands while Gary remained silent, giving Little Cato a thumbs up whenever the kid looked at them. Gary never understood pledges and he quite preferred not to take part in any.