Chapter 51

"Damn it!" Mantis cursed, making his prisoner flinch. Both were outside, Little Cato with chains around him while Mantis patiently waited, facing ahead to the red colored sands and sky.

He tapped his helmet a few times, looking for any thing to distract him from his ingrowing impatience. Mantis made sure to see if the small ventraxian was still behind him, near the ship, he wouldn't want to lose his hostage right before his target arrived.

Hearing a small gasp from the boy, he turned, seeing that he was looking up. Following the gaze, he found a ship coming towards them.
Harshly, he pulled Little Cato to his side, one of the blades from his wrist plate snapping out to point at the kid's throat.

"You're late" he said once the ship landed and opened the doors.
From the dust and light, emerged two people. His target and

"General Avocato?" He mumbled. Crap, was this his kid? Great- Just wonderful.

Of course, unknown to the man, Avocato and Mantis had already met. In fact both had fought in Derek's ship, though Avocato was wearing a helmet the whole fight- so he never found out.

"You again?" Gary called from the other side, seeming already sick of the guy.
Mantis examined the blond, smirking as he noticed he already seemed pretty beat up. He quickly glanced over Avocato as well, who looked pretty terrifying right now with the dried blood here and there.

"Avocato" Mantis called, releasing the hold from Little Cato and allowing the boy to drop to the floor "I have nothing against you or your son" he assumed the kit he had held was his son, having heard rumours the general deeply cared for his offspring "just allow me to have Gary Goodspeed- and I'll let him go"

"If you want Gary then you do have something against me" Avocato began walking fowards, Gary following a few steps behind "you can't take him"

"What-" So they were working together? Why? Mantis didn't hear about this...

"I won't let you lay a hand on Gary" Avocato glared, his head held high as if looking down on an insect in disgust.
Gary, who was watching everything, felt his heart flutter at the words. Was this...like a Knight in shining armour? Gary was literally living a dream-

"Gary..." Avocato glanced back with a whisper "grab Little Cato"

And with that the ventraxian charged foward, quickly before Mantis could grab Little Cato again.
Gary froze for a moment, watching the ventraxian charge to battle, easily kicking the helmet off the other.

"Gary!" Avocato growled as Mantis charged at him with his blade

"Right!" Gary shook his head and ran towards the boy, sliding across the floor to try undo the chains that wrapped him.
"Little Cato..." Gary frowned, placing his human hand on the boy's cheek as he examined the dried blood and bruises- how dare Mantis do this...

"Hi mom" Little Cato tried to joke weakly, throat dry

"Hi son..." Gary had spoken without thinking, a soft expression on his saddened eyes. He hadn't realized what he had said until Little Cato's eyes widened
"come on- let's get you out of here" he quickly said, fumbling with he chains until he found the lock.

"No!" Mantis turned his back to Avocato, charging towards the two before being brought down. He cursed under his breath as Avocato pinned him down to the floor, lifting his fist, ready to strike.

In a quick moment, Mantis pointed his wrist plate towards Avocato, allowing the fire to emerge from it.

"Damn-" Avocato hissed, quickly rolling out of the fire's way and standing at guard while Mantis lifted himself from the floor