Chapter 45

How did they do it? Avocato didn't know...

Both Gary and Little Cato were running place to place to try the different rides, first they started small with the water slides- small children's slides that is.
When Gary had said they were going on every single slide he had meant it.

Worst yet, Avocato wasn't allowed to skip any of the slides which meant he had gone on at least 3 children's slides where others were both watching as well judging him. Apparently the image of a grumpy Avocato sliding down a baby's slide was the most hilarious thing to the two because Gary had begged to go get a camera inbetween his fit of giggles.

Despite the embarrassment...it was nice- seeing Gary's rosy cheeks as he laughed and held onto his stomach or tried to cover his mouth to hide his smile so at least Avocato keep some of his pride.

Thankfully, they had finally moved on from the boring small slides and now were headed towards the ones with loud screeches and laughter.
There were lines, obviously, but things weren't like they were centuries ago where you had to wait long- it was a 5 minute wait at best.

"Woah!" Little Cato gasped as he climbed the top of the last stairs, looking over how high up they were "this is gonna be awesome!" He turned to both adults all giddy

"Heck yeah!" Gary replied just as giddy before a "next" interrupted them

"Oh! Me first!" Little Cato rushed foward and sat down, turning back to look at Gary and giving a small nod with the best serious face he could muster-
"See you on the other side"

"See you on the other side" Gary replied just as dramatically with a small salute that Avocato was kind enough to join in.

Grinning at the sight of both Gary's and Avocato's salute, Little Cato gave a small "hup" before he began laughing as he slid down.

Gary looked over the edge of the rails to watch Little Cato slide towards the pool, giving a small chuckle as the kit shook himself in attempt to dry

"Next"

"Hell yeah!" Gary grinned and walked forth, making himself comfortable before turning back to Avocato. He wanted to say something clever but words didn't exist after seeing how fondly Avocato smiled at him

"See you on the other side?" The ventraxian asked

"O-other side" Gary nodded, trying to compose himself. He decided to just slide down to avoid anymore embarrassment.

Just like Gary had done, Avocato watched Gary fall in the pool and swim up to the stairs where Little Cato waited.

"Next" the AI that took over this slide called yet again and Avocato took a seat on the slide, not wasting any time to slide down and get to the others.

Perhaps...this was a little fun.

"Oh! Here he comes!" Little Cato grinned and turned to the slide, Gary following his gaze.

Somehow, no matter what, Avocato always managed to land into the pool perfectly. There was no coughing or choking on water, just a nice graceful dip before he lifted his head out the water

"Oh come on!" Little Cato groaned yet again while Gary just laughed "how come water always goes up my nose and not yours?"

"I have mastered the no water up my nose art" Avocato chuckled as he messed with the boy's hair

"Your dad is amazing like that" Gary nodded, having noticed Avocato's tail begin to sway happily at the compliment- score!

"So what next?" Avocato cleared his throat in attempt to hide his small smile