Chapter 43

How long had it been? The sun the breeze, bugs and flowers...how long had it been since Gary saw any of that?

Stepping out of the taxi while Avocato payed for the ride, Gary took a deep breath. He missed it...

"Alright, you two ready to go in?" Avocato asked, laughing quietly at Little Cato who wordlessly stared wide eyed at one of the tall slides, the screams and laughter drawing him in

"I think that's a yes" Gary stood besides him with a smile, looking at Little Cato as well.

When the trio had gotten their tickets for the day and made their way inside, Little Cato was still taking it all in.
A water park...with his dad and babysitter who is his friend but also considers him family (or so he said)...

This had to be a dream-

"Little Cato" Gary pat the boy who seemed to be vibrating with energy "As your babysitter I have no choice but to go on every slide, ride, pool with you"

"You know you can just go where you want, Gary" Avocato chuckled as he set down their towels on the grass "you don't have to use babysitting as an excuse"

"Oh-" Gary scratched the back of his head, little embarrassed "I still want to hang out with Little Cato though, he is super mega cool- ain't that right?" Gary asked Little Cato only to find the boy had disappeared.

Avocato laughed as he watched Gary slowly go into panic before gesturing behind him to reveal Little Cato had already jumped in the pool, his shirt discarded on the floor.

"Damn" Gary laughed as he picked up the shirt "he's fast"

When Gary had turned back around to walk back to the towels and Avocato, his heart nearly jumped out of his chest. Things seemed to go in slow motion for the man as he watched Avocato remove his shirt and - oh boy...The ventraxiam was covered in fur yet Gary could easily see the his muscles through it all...his weakness...

He forced himself to look away before the other noticed him staring, not wanting to come off as a creep and began to make his way back as he focused on folding Little Cato's shirt instead.

"Right" Avocato smiled once he saw Gary "how do the shorts fit?"

"Hm?" The human finally looked up "oh! They fit great!" He smiled, glad he had something to distract himself from Avocato's broad chest- and omg Avocato has a heart shape tuft on his chest, that's the most adorable thing Gary has ever seen-

"Eyes up here" he heard the other say and instantly looked up at Avocato's amused face

"Sorry!" Gary's voice cracked as his face turned red "Heart! Shape! Cute! Sorry!" He looked away as he stammered

"Ah...Its a little embarrassing if I must admit" Avocato tried not to chuckle "As a general this isn't exactly...ideal"

"Why?" The other finally turned to look back at Avocato, setting Little Cato's shirt down

"It's a heart- and hearts are...well...like you said, cute?" Avocato answered with uncertainty

"Yeah, it is cute" Gary admitted calmly now

Avocato's ears perked up at Gary's words and he felt butterflies in his stomach. He discretely covered his mouth to hide his smile and embarrassment.

"Gary!" Little Cato called from the pool, waving at the blond "come on! The water is warm!"

"Oh!" Gary turned to the kit and waved back "On my way, Spidercat!" He shouted back, watching the kid dive back under the water and swim away.

Avocato smiled at the two from behind Gary, enjoying this rare peaceful day. He watched as Gary bend down and- oh.