Chapter 8

"AUGH-" Gary coughed as some smoke came out of the old hoover board he was currently fixing. He waved the smoke away and opened the door to let some air in, catching a glimpse of himself.
His face was full of black smudges and his overalls all smudged. With a sigh, he tore the rag from his head that kept his hair back and decided he was in need of a short break, maybe take a shower and go out for something to eat.

Ever since Gary met Little Cato he started taking much better care of himself. Since the kid was around he would remember to have regular meals as he would eat with the kid often.
However, this week the kid was hanging out with his dad and Gary completely lost track of time.

"Must be nice" he spoke softly to himself as he climbed up the stairs and opened the door to his apartment.
Recalling Little Cato and his dad made his nostalgic about his own dad. He loved going out to catch bugs with his father and although at the time he didn't care much about learning about those bugs, Gary found himself missing his dad nerding over a single moth.

"Moths didn't evolve around bright lights" Gary spoke to himself as he took off his overalls "they evolved at a time when all the light on Earth came solely from the distant sun, moon and stars" he continued and entered the shower "moths zoom towards unnatural light because the lights throw off their internal navigation systems" he quoted his father with a small chuckle.

Gary washed the shampoo off his hair and turned the shower off. Usually he would take much longer showers since he liked listening and singing to music on his old music player he carried around but he was really digging some Namek Noodles today.
Drying himself and getting ready he locked the door to his apartment and headed downstairs.

"Oh wow" Gary breathed, the shop was a little dirty due to the hoover board's smoke incident "Ill clean later" he shrugged it off and closed the door.

From the shadows, someone watched Gary's actions. Following him to his destination.

‐-------------------------------

"Morning!" Little Cato jumped on top of his dad to wake him up

"Oof-- moornnin" Avocato mumbles with a slight chuckle at his boy's excitement.
Avocato pat the boy before getting up and heading to make breakfast.
Rushing to the kitchen, Little Cato made his cereal while also making toast for his dad

"What's all this energy coming from" Avocato chuckled with arspy voice from waking up

"I just wanna spend as much time as possible with you, is all" Little Cato explained as he set his cereal on the table and started devouring it

"Woah slow down buddy" Avocato placed his milk and toast on the table "Spending time with me is also eating breakfast with me" He smiled.
He was enjoying these few days with his son and he was glad his son was too.

"By the way, I've already sent the mug to your...errr.. friend" Avocato spoke

"His name is Gary" Little Cato corrected his father with a smile

"Gary- he should be getting it today" Avocato continued

"Cool! Can't wait to see his reaction" Little Cato grinned before drinking the milk from his cereal.

Avocato's first impression of 'Gary' weren't exactly good- that was...until he spoke to the boy with such care and managed to fix a problem him and his son would probably argue about. Little Cato also seemed to really like the human, from what Avocato heard, Gary was a good guy. Naive, but good.

"You ready to go?" Little Cato asked as he threw his boots on. Avocato chugged his milk and nodded with a smile

"How about some plinking?" He suggested as they walked out, making gunshot gestures