Chapter 21

"Dad? Dad!" Little Cato called, shaking Avocato back to reality "You're acting weird" the boy huffed.

Avocato looked around at the various items around him before looking down at his kid
"What?" Was the only response Little Cato got from his father. Little Cato rolled his eyes in annoyance, first his dad is always busy with work and now that they are finally hanging out he's distracted.

"You've been acting weird since Gary fed you a piece of his pancake- you feeling sick? Need to go take a dump?" Little Cato asked casually

"Little Cato!" Avocato scolded lightly mainly out of embarrassment, feeling his cheeks go warm again at the memory.

-------------------------

"Come on dad! We all tried a bit of each other's food, now its your turn! Here try mine!" Little Cato shoved some food into Avocato's face, forcing the general to eat.

People around the cafe whispered and giggled at the cute father and child moment while Avocato sighed as he munched on his food, it seemed that being out with the two would always end up in an embarrassment.

"How was it?" The boy bounced in his chair

"Its..." Avocato gave some thought, unsure on what to say. Its just food right? Nothing special about it

"Okay! Now Gary's!" Little Cato was quick to interrupt, far too giddy to allow his father to answer.

"What?" Avocato turned to his kit in disbelief, taking a quick glance at Gary "I can't do that- it would be rude" he declined, though his mind wondered (for some absurd reason) if Gary would feed him just as his child had done.

"Nah, no worries, general" Gary chuckled as he ate his own over the top pancake "I dont mind really" he shrugged, cutting a piece out and handing it out for Avocato, a hand under the fork as to not spill anything.

Avocato glanced at the offered food then back at Gary's soft smile that was quick to turn into a mischievous one

"Say aaaaah~" he sang playfully to which Avocato only stammered in attempt to scold the other.
During his stutters, Gary managed to place the fork in Avocato's mouth, forcing him to be quiet.

Avocato's eyes widened as he froze in place, swallowing the food down in a go without any chewing from surprise. He watched Gary cut yet another piece out and eat it with the same fork he used to feed him.

"How is it?" Gary asked, unaware that what he had done would have been considered an indirect kiss

"Sweet..." was Avocato's only reply as he turned to look away, unable to meet the human's eyes.
-------------------------

"Dad!" Little Cato stomped his foot, raising his voice as he noticed his father start to day dream about whatever again "Can you please focus right now? I'm trying to pick which of these two posters are cooler?" The boy lifted two band posters that he picked mainly because he recognised from Gary's CDs he used to play in the shop.

"Right" Avocato cleared his throat, trying his best to focus as his son had asked "why not both? Gary mentioned having multiple posters"

Little Cato gasped, eyes widening as if his father were some kind of genius wizard before he threw the two posters in the cart.
Avocati chuckled, messing the kid's hair  and watching the other push his head against his palm with a small purr.

"Where's Gary by the way?" The general looked around, noticing the human was missing. His tail flicked ever so slightly as he anxiously thought about the fact that the people who were after him were still out there.