Chapter 41

The scent travelled across their hotel room. Little Cato was playing some shooting games on his phone while Avocato sat patiently reading a book he had found, both ignoring the begging sounds their stomach would make after they had noticed the meal had fish in it.

"Are you done yet?" Little Cato groaned, peeking into the small kitchen for the 8th time in the last 5 minutes

"Almost" Gary chuckled, messing up the kid's hair and setting up the plates on the balcony that devided the room to the kitchen.

Just as promised, not too long after Gary began serving the food that was in the big pan, laughing quietly as he noticed Little Cato had already made himself comfortable on his seat

"What is it?" Avocato asked as he sniffed the air, making his way towards Gary "smells good" he smiled

"Seafood rice" Gary grinned proudly, placing his hands on his hips and puffing out his chest "I thought since you guys are cat- err...feline like creatures-"

"Ventraxians" Avocato corrected with a sigh

"Ven-taxes-rianos" Gary booped Avocato, purposely saying the name wrong "I thought you guys enjoyed fish...and other stuff like that! You know....like cats"

"We aren't cats" Avocato sighed yet again, taking the food filled plate from Gary with a short and quiet "thank you"

"Sure you aren't Mr.Whiskers" Gary laughed as he heard Avocato's stomach rumble

Ever since Gary had noticed the other wouldn't judge him over his mental disorder or pretty much any of his weird behaviours, he has been more open around Avocato- teasing him and making harmless jokes to distract him from the very obvious fluttering that had began in his chest.

"Nope!" He said to himself as soon as he  he had noticed what the feeling was, getting weird looks from both Avocato and Little Cato on their way home.

Gary chuckled as he sat down besides Little Cato, watching Avocato still grumble to himself on how he wasnt a cat while Little Cato began eating like there was no tomorrow

"Tis' Good!" The kit beamed brightly with his mouth full. Avocato would've lectured him if he wasn't so hungry.

"I'm glad you like it" Gary pat the boy before beginning eating himself while taking occasional glances at the quiet general.
Despite Avocato not saying anything, Gary still noticed the way his tail swayed contently and the ears perked up just the same way Little Cato's did.

"Whats wrong, son?" Avocato asked Little Cato who was standing in front of the two beds in deep thought while Gary was showering

"Trying to decide who I should sleep with tonight...you or Gary" the smaller one replied with a hum. Little Cato was stuck on whenever to spend more time with his dad or sleep with Gary who basically was a cuddle machine.

"Why not both?" Avocato wanted to ask but he knew he couldn't put Gary in any awkward situations

The moment the blond stepped out of the steamy bathroom, Little Cato had made up his mind

"Gary!" The kit cheered as he ran towards the human, hugging his waist and nuzzling into his body warmth

"Woah!" Gary laughed, hugging Little Cato with one arm while the other held his jeans "What's up little man?"

"He was deciding who he'd like to sleep with" Avocato smiled at the two as he stepped closer

"Why not both?" Gary was going to suggest only to remember the fact that he had just developed feeling for his boss who is also a general and who he was going to suggest sleeping with-

"Im so sorry Avocato" Gary said dramatically "but I guess I'm just his favourite" he shrugged as he leaned down to pick Little Cato up

"You wish" Avocato laughed "he was just hugging you goodbye-"

"No, I picked Gary" Little Cato interrupted with a snicker "dont worry- tomorrow I'll pick you dad"

"Or will he?" Gary added with a laugh as he headed off to bed with Little Cato

"You two suck" Avocato said playfully, messing Gary's damp hair with his hand before he entered the bathroom to wash himself, unaware of the effect the simple head pat had left on Gary.

--------------------

"Sara Bilia" he repeated the name to himself as he held onto the joystick of the ship.
It had been a while he was flying the ship, saving the fuel for the moment he needed to get away.

His plan was simple- get hold of the young Ventraxian and threaten his life so Gary comes to him instead, like that...he will make sure the primate doesn't survive.

Mantis didn't know why his boss hated this Gary Goodspeed so much, he assumed the hatred was more directed towards the human's father as his request was to "kill John Goodspeed's son". He was the one who had to do it as his boss trusted him to do so, if he couldn't then...well his boss would have to kill the man instead.

Mantis didn't care for their relationship he cared for his own with the boss now. His trust was being held by a single thread from the amount of times he had failed to kill the young Goodspeed- his good relationship with his boss was ruined and he was willing to fix it.

"I was so close" he muttered to himself with disappointment, recalling how his boss had finally started warming up to him.

Why did he care for their relationship?

The answer was simple

He simply liked her and wanted her in his bed.
Mantis wanted to have his own boss wrapped around his finger, dancing on the palm of his hand- and he thought he had it too...that was until he became aware that his boss wasn't anywhere near all the other women he had slept with before which only fueled his desire more.

He must have her under him, beneath his feet begging...and he will.

Mantis will kill Gary Goodspeed and bring his head to her if he has to and no...he will not think about the fact that they share similar features and the same last name.

(( A bit shorter than others sorry))

Here is some art from this fanfic @/the_random_studio drew 🥺🥺