Chapter 42

He wasnt used to it to say the truth. He wasn't used to sleeping early or waking up late so instead he sat back and read a book until he felt tired enough to sleep.
However, Avocato didn't remember when he began watching the other two sleep, all he knew was that seeing them look so peaceful was helping him get sleepier by the second.

Laying on his side with his fist propping up his cheek, he quietly watched the rise and falls of Little Cato's and Gary's chest with a soft smile, chuckling quietly everytime Little Cato would accidently walk Gary's face and Gary would scrunch up his little nose.

Avocato didn't remember when he had fallen asleep either, all he knew was that he woke up to the smell of something delicious and Little Cato now asleep besides him. He couldn't help but smile down at his son that slept with his belly up with tiny little snores.

"Morning" a quiet whisper seemed to grab hold of his heart.
He turned to see Gary making his way out the bathroom to the kitchen in front  of him with a soft smile, his hair messy and sleep still rubbing itself in his eyes.

"Mornin'" Avocato managed to mumble as Gary seemed to continue to cook whatever he was before with the same dance he usually did.

At that moment Avocato realised how dangerous this was- the peaceful mornings and how right it felt to waking up with his son and Gary's dancing. He realised that not having Gary was simply not an option.

Oh...wow...
Avocato's deep morning voice was quite breath taking if Gary had to admit it, not to mention seeing the all mighty general with his fur all messy was quite a sight to see.

Gary was just setting up their breakfast on the balcony, stealing glances at Avocato only to find the other looking directly at him. He smiled everytime their eyes met, unsure if he was being weird or awkward.

"Little Cato" Gary whispered softly as he shook the boy only to receive some mumbling as the kit turned to hide his face on his father side

Both adults shared a short chuckle before Gary leaned down to place a kiss on the boy's head, the same way his father would wake him when he was just a boy.
That seemed to do the trick as Little Cato turned over muttering Gary's name quietly with his small hands reaching up. Gary leaned down slowly, allowing Little Cato to wrap his arms around his neck before he picked him up.

Avocato held his breath at the sight of how natural it all seemed. Gary kissing his son with such adoring eyes made him happier than he would've expected.

Quietly, Avocato got up as well, heading for the bathroom instead to get himself ready as he usually did before breakfast.
When he had returned, his fur tidy and brushed, he was met with Little Cato fully awake rambling to Gary about some crazy dream he had as both sat on the bed

"Morning dad!" Little Cato greeted with a huge grin

"Good morning" Avocato answered with a smile, leaning down to place a short kiss on his head "thanks for the breakfast" he smiled at Gary

"No need to thank me" Gary returned the smile, watching Avocato sit by the balcony and begin to eat

"Ooh! Oh!" Little Cato chirped as he began bouncing in place "what are we going to do today?"

"I don't know" Avocato answered "what do you want to do?" He smiled as Little Cato gasped.
The boy did not answer, thinking that if he suggested something it would be set in stone and he couldn't change it. He needed to think carefully...

Gary laughed at how serious Little Cato had become, placing a finger where the kit's eyebrows furrowed in thought.
During Little Cato's thinking session, the TV flashed an ad for some water slides park- that, to Little Cato, was a sign

"Water slides!" He beamed, taking Gary's hand away from his face "Let's go to the water slides park!"

"I don't see why not" Avocato answered, long finished with his breakfast and washing his own plate

"Yes!" Little Cato cheered "let's go let's go let's go!" The boy began to rush to get his swim trunks and a change of clothes, rushing in the bathroom before coming out in less than a minute fully ready

"Woah!" Gary laughed, grabbing his own change of clothes "that was fast"

"There's no rush" Avocato chuckled

"You guys are too slow! Hurry up!" Little Cato whined, pulling on Avocato's tail to direct him to the bathroom so he could get changed already

"Alright, alright" the vetraxian laughed, quickly grabbing his swimming trunks before his son pushed him in.

While Avocato was in the bathroom, Gary had changed his shirt already and began packing some snacks for them

"You can go now" Avocato let him know as he left the bathroom now fully changed.

"Ah-" Gary looked up with the smallest of blushes present, Avocato was wearing a tank top and his calves were fully visible "alright, thanks" he smiled as he headed in.

Gary quickly got changed into his new swimwear and gasped in delight, it was perfect! It didn't seem to rub against his inner thighs and the shorts were comfortable.

He gave a small jump to try see himself in the mirror to double check if it looked alright- in his opinion it did.

"Heh" he giggled quietly as he placed both his hands on his burning cheek- Avocato had chosen the color, saying that blue suited him. Maybe he should wear more blue?

"Hurry up Gary!" Little Cato whines from outside

"A-almost done!" Gary called back, quickly grabbing his jean shorts to put over before walking out "sorry- I'm ready!"

"Let's go!" Little Cato grabbed his hand and began to drag him out while Avocato grabbed the bag he finished packing and followed

"We'll have to take a cab" Avocato closed the door as he shrugged the bag on his shoulder

"How far is it?" Gary asked as he held Little Cato's hand and followed Avocato

"At least 15 minutes away" Avocato answered

"That's too faaaaar" Little Cato whined again

"I mean..." Avocato chuckled "we can always not go"

"No! We're going!"

The trio walked outside to the many taxi drivers across the road. Little Cato and Gary watched, allowing Avocato to do all the talking before waving them over to one of the cars.

"Slide and Splash, right?" The alien driver asked as he looked at Avocato on the passenger's seat while Gary and Little Cato sat behind

"Yes, thank you" Avocato confirmed politely, glancing back to see Gary put the seatbelt on Little Cato who was already excitedly looking out the window

"Got it" the driver nodded and started the car, beginning to drive.

During the drive, Avocato kept looking at the mirror to check on the two, finding himself smile at the sight of Gary looking out the window just as excited as Little Cato.