Chapter 17

As hard as it was to tell in the space station, it was now night time.
Little Cato had rambled all he had to say about his day, Gary listened carefully,  cheering for the boy's small achievements. The two had decided to eat dinner on the couch while watching a movie, Gary still wearing the pink apron.

Gary smiled softly as he felt Little Cato's head fall on his shoulder, knowing fully well the other had fallen asleep. He decided not to move for now, not wanting to wake the child that slept besides him. Instead, Gary kept watching the action movie Little Cato had picked out, feeling himself grow tired.

When had Gary last experienced this kind of peace? That he wouldn't know...
The peace of sitting back and watching a movie with someone besides you, the relief that the day was over and soon you'd rest and wake up to another good day, the feeling of warmth and the sound of someone's slow breaths besides him...

Before Gary knew, he was already tearing up, bringing his arm around the small kit's shoulder to hold him closer.
It was a weird feeling...

Gary took a deep breath, exhaling through his nose as he slowly moved, carefully picking up the child in his arms. He let out a small groan from the sharp pain in his back, giving a small jump to balance Little Cato properly.

There were heavy footsteps outside, slow but loud enough that Gary could hear. Gary snapped towards the door's direction, taking a step back when he heard the know being funded with.
The door clicked open and Gary instantly turned to it, spreading his legs apart silently in defense as he protectively placed a hand over Little Cato's head.

"He...llo?" Avocato walked in, slightly surprised to see someone awake as he usually walked to an empty living room. He studied Gary's body language and was quick to understand.
It was only fair, he had broken inside Gary's apartment once and then some stranger did as well, ending up in not only hurting him badly but destroying the whole place.

However, the way Gary held onto Little Cato protectively didn't go unnoticed.

"Thank you for looking after him" Avocato smiled softly, watching Little Cato knead the apron Gary wore. Avocato found that, despite as feminine and over the top as it was, it suited the human well.

"Oh! Hello" Gary gave the general a small embarrassed chuckle, watching him look Gary up and down at his getup "I was just about to put him to bed" he gestured to Little Cato, jumping yet again with a wince "I covered your dinner with some cling film, its in the fridge" he informed the other, giving a small smile.

"Thank you, you didn't have to" Avocato made his way to Gary with a small nod in gratitude. He hired the man to be a babysitter but it seems he got a housewife instead, judging by the clean scent of the house and the food Gary left for him.
"Here, I'll take him" Avocato reached for his child, taking him from Gary's arms with a soft smile.

Gary wouldn't lie, anyone would fall in love with such a gentle smile. Imagine never seeing a handsome man, such as Avocato, never smile then- Boom! Here it was, blessing Gary's eyes, the most loving smile Gary had ever seen.

"You alright?" Avocato lifted an eyebrow, noticing how the human's cheeks changed color

"Oh! Yeah! Yeah, I'm fine" Gary laughed nervously, stepping back from Avocato.

Avocato gave a small frown, he was used to others being afraid of him and wanting distance but if he wanted Gary to take care of his kid then it would be best to get along with him.
Sighing, he gave a small nod to Gary to excuse himself, walking upstairs to put Little Cato to bed.

"Huh..." Avocato tucked the kit in bed, looking around at the very clean room. Gary had certainly done a good job.
Giving the small kit a kiss goodnight, Avocato made his way back downstairs, finding that he was indeed starving.

It wasn't anything new, honestly, Avocato was just too lazy to make himself anything to eat when arriving home, having Gary was certainly handy.

"Oh! I've already warmed up your food"  Gary smiled as the other entered the kitchen, turning back to the dishes he was washing. Avocato walked over, nodding with a small "thanks".

He stared at the human's back as the quiet buzz of the microwave drowned the silence. He watched how Gary swayed side to side as if there was a upbeat melody constantly playing in his head.
Avocato looked him up and down, eyes taking in every bit of detail. He wondered if Gary's back still hurt as bad as when he first got it and if he should get more pain reliefs for the human- however, Avocato was taken by surprise as he noticed his eyes seem to settle in a place other than Gary's small back, his swaying hips and....well built behind.

The 'ding' of the microwave had save Avocato from thinking any further- it was just a habit is all...Avocato was used to analysing others and maybe...maybe Gary's hips just had something different?
Right...Avocato had never payed much attention to humans- that was all.

Taking a seat on the table, Avocato began to eat in the dark, ears perking up at the taste of the food.
"This is good" he muttered to himself, looking down at the plate

"Thank you" Gary turned on the lights and made his way to sit in front of Avocato with a glass of water, smiling.

Avocato glanced up before he continued to eat, neither spoke but Gary found that this silence wasn't bad- it was calming and pleasant.
Sipping on his water, Gary fidgeted with his shirt- knowing that tapping seemed to annoy the other

"Erm..." he struggled to break the silence, placing the cup down "I was wondering..."

"Yes?" Avocato gave Gary his full attention as he began talking, gesturing for him to go on. If Gary were to ask for a request and Avocato were to grant it....maybe then he'd be less afraid.

"I was wondering if I could take Little Cato out tomorrow?" Gary asked, looking at Avocato in hopes he'd say yes.

"After school right? I don't see why not" Avocato was quick to answer.
He had seen how Gary had protectively held Little Cato and how he had taken care of him, he trusted Gary to do his job.

Gary blinked in surprise, not by the quick permission but by the very faint smile Avocato seemed to offer. That smile wasn't for Little Cato...it was for Gary and somehow....Gary felt that it was very special.

(( Since Gary is being such a good housewife-
Have a maid Gary

(( Since Gary is being such a good housewife-Have a maid Gary

Also with kitty ears uwu

Thanks for reading!))