World Records & Work Wreckers

Azzy's Pov

I was walking in the mall with Ally, when we saw something we thought we'd never see.

Austin and Dez sitting at a table. And that's not what weird. What's weird is that they're reading a book.

"Am I dreaming, or are you guys actually reading a book?" Ally said and I was still looking at them with a confused look.

"It's the book of world records! Me and Dez are gonna set a world record." Austin explained.

Hmm, okay. 

"How about the world's longest fingernails?" You can't really do anything with long nails.

"Nah, how can we ever go bowling? Oh, here's one! Keeping your eyes open without blinking." Austin suggested.

"Ooh, time me!" Dez stood up and stared wide eyed. Austin followed him with a stopwatch. I took the seat at the table and pulled the book a bit towards me so I could see.

"Hey!" I looked up and saw Trish walking up to us.

"Shh! Dez is trying to set the record for not blinking. Nobody bother him for 30 hours and 12 minutes." Austin said.

I was still looking through the the records.

"I can't go on, I give up." I looked up again and Dez put his hands to his eyes, dramatically. "How long was that?" Austin leaned down to show me the time.

"8 seconds." I told him.

"I think Ally has a shot at the not blinking record." Trish said. We all turned towards Ally. She was staring at Dallas, until Trish snapped her out of it.

"Staring at Dallas, what? No, that's ridiculous." she said.

"Just go talk to him." Trish and I said to her.

"Its not that easy." It really is.

"Sure it is." I said to her, still looking at the book.

"Hey Dallas!" Dez said in a high-pitched voice.

He turned around to look at us but...

The boys turned around,

I put the book up and hid behind it,

And Trish ducked down behind Ally's chair, and moved her arm as if she was waving.

Once he looked away, Trish pushed Ally off her seat and motioned to Dallas.

"And apparently, I'm gonna talk to him." Ally said. I gave her a thumbs up and the boy gestured to go.

She walked over to Dallas. They were way to far to hear their conversation.

"You guys think she's gonna crash and burn?" I asked, looking at Trish and then at the boys.

It was quiet but then they nodded.

I went back to looking at Ally and Dallas.

They said a few more words and then Ally came back to us.

"How'd it go?" Trish asked.

"Great! Can anybody teach me how to mow a lawn?" Why would she need to know about that.

"There's no time for that, Ally. I'm about to set the records for the world's biggest brain freeze."

I turned around and saw Dez with a smoothie. When did he get that?

"Um, Dez? There's no record for that." Both Austin and I said.

He stops sipping his smothie.

"Man, well, it's not working anyways so-" He starts screaming.