Burglaries & Boobytraps

Azzy's Pov

Ally was fuming. And I was kinda scared of her. I mean I always get scared when she's mad, but this.

Oh! Let me explain real quick.

Okay, so Austin was supposed to be practicing with Ally right now. Well more like he was supposed to be here at 4:00. But now it's like super late.

So that's why Ally's mad.

"I am SO mad at him!" she said.

"What's wrong, honey?" Dad asked. He was with me behind the counter.

"She's mad, because Austin was supposed to be here at four." I semi explained.

"Yeah, which was two hours ago. And now I have to go to the emergency Mall Association meeting. Everyone's freaking out about all the burglaries." Ally finished explained.

"I know. Last week, someone stole a guitar pick! I-I'm just sick about it!" dad said.

"Dad, we give those away for free." I said and Ally picked up the bowl of guitar picks. It had a sign that had 'FREE' on it.

"Delivery for Lester Dawson." I turned and saw the delivery guy carrying huge box.

Wonder what it is.

"Ooh. Me-me-me-me-me." Dad said, jumping up and down. What a child.

The guy placed the box on the counter and gave dad an electronic keypad.

"It's funny; When the guy at the coffee shop gives you coffee, and he gets a tip. And, how heavy is a cup coffee? Not as heavy as all these boxes I carry." The delivery guy said, sticking out his hand, but I didn't care.

I just wanted to know what was in the box.

"You're right. It's not fair. You should get a job at the coffee shop." Dad said and gave the guy a high-five.

With that. the delivery guy left the store.

"What'd you get?" Both Ally and I asked dad. But I was jumping up and down. I guess I'm a child too.

What? I was excited to see what was in the box.

"A little something to help me catch the mall theif. A state of the art, security camera." he said and pulled out a really old looking camera.

Dad blew some of the dust off of it.

"State of the art in what century?" me and Ally asked and started coughing from the dust.

"I'm going to go set this up. Would you please put that new guitar in the display case?" Dad asked Ally.

He walked away, as Ally put the guitar in the display case. I leaned on the counter and read a magazine.

"It's pretty cool guitar." I said, not looking up from the magazine.

"Guess who got a job at....The yarn barn?!" I heard Trish say, so I put the magazine down.

"I spent my first day knitting this scarf instead of working." she explained and walked over to Ally, who was infront of me, but on the other side of the counter.

"That scraf would really come in handy.... if we didn't live in Miami." I said. leaning on the counter.

Ally and Trish started walking, so I followed them.

"Hey, aren't you ssupposed to be rehearsing with Austin?" Trish asked.

"He still hasn't shown up. This is the third time this week he's been late." Ally said.