Sports & Sprains

Azzy's Pov

We were all at Sonic boom today.

Austin, Trish and me were here by the counter. And Ally and Dez were in by the piano.

"For as long as I can remember, it's been my dream to be out on that court. There's nothing better than being in front of the fans, everyone screamig. I mean, what little boy doesn't want to grow up to be a cheerleader?" Dez said.

"I can think of one." Austin said and hopped into the counter next to me.

"I think it's great you're trying out for the cheerleading squad, Dez. And Azzy." Ally said into her phone, and turning to face me with a grin.

I rolled my eyes.

"You know I'm only doing this cause Dez asked me too." I mumbled.

"What are you guys doing?" Trish asked.

"I'm interviewing Dez for the school paper." She said.

"We have a school paper?" The three of us asked.

"Of course we do. I'm doing an article on school spirit week, and if they like it, they'll make me a reporter." Ally said.

"School spirit week? That's the lamest thing I've ever heard. Yippee, school, rah rah rah." Trish said, flatly.

"You know they're giving a thousand-dollar prize to the student who shows the most spirit." Ally said.

"Yippe! School! Rah rah rah! Go... Mustangs!" Trish said, with more excitement.

"We're the Manatees." I said.

"Oh. Go... Manatees!" Trish said.

"This is great. We're all getting into this. Go us!" Ally said.

She laughed a bit and we just looked at her.

"Okay." She said.

"So... what are doing for school spirit week, Austin?" Dez asked.

"I don't really do any school stuff, unless you count homework." He said and hopped off the counter.

"Acutally, no. You don't do any school stuff." I said.

"Well, you are kinda busy. You do have a little thing called a singing career." Trish said.

"I know, but I should at least be able to do one thing. Let's see. I like photography, wood shop, lunch. I just wish there was something besides music that I was really good at." Austin said, messing around with the basketball.

Then he shot it into one of the drums that needed fixing.

And he actually made it in.

We all looked at him, jaws dropped.

"What?"

"You've gotta join the basketball team." Ally said.

"We have a basketball team?" Trish asked.

I nodded.

"That's it! I'm gonna play basketball!" He said.

"And we're gonna cheer for you. Woo!" Me and Dez said.

"I'm gonna write about it all." Ally said.

"And I'm gonna win $1,000." Trish said.

Always thinking about the money.

"Go... Manatees!" "Mustangs!"

We looked at Trish.

"I mean Manatees!" She yelled.