Diners & Daters

Azzy's Pov

Austin, Ally, Dez, and I were sitting at a booth at The Melody Diner restaurant.

"Where's Trish? How long does it take to walk across the mall?" I heard Austin say from infront of me.

Me and Ally were looking through the menus.

"Don't know. It depends on the person." I answered, still not looking up from the menu.

"I'm starving. What kind of waitress takes twenty minutes to get to a table?" Dez asked.

"Guess who got a job at The Melody Diner?" I looked up and saw Trish dressed as a waitress.

"That kind of waitress.." Ally said.

"There she is Moon." I said and went back to look at the food choices.

"So, what do you want to eat?" Trish asked.

I don't know.

"I thought you had to sing to the customers here." Austin said.

"Yeah. We're supposed to. But the manager's not looking so who cares?" she said.

"Point taken." I said. I still don't know what I want.

"Wait. Mindy is your manager?" Ally asked.

I looked up when Ally said Mindy's name. I looked over and saw her angrily throw a menu on the floor. Then she started walking over to us.

"She's the worst. She's always looking over my shoulder, bossing me around, she drives me nuts." Trish said.  Then finally looked back and saw Mindy behind her.

She really scares me

"- are in the brownies, so save them for dessert!" Trish sang. "Hey, Mindy."

"I hope you're giving this table your best service because it's got my favorite customer." She said. Then she walked behind the booth lean down next to Dez.

"I'm talking about you, Dezzy-cakes." she 'whispered'.

"I know you have a crush on me, Mindy, but I'm better at long distance relationships. Maybe you should go stand over there. Or in alaska." Dez said.

Mindy got up with an offended look.

"You're so cute when you joke around. You were joking right?!" She yelled that last part.

I scooted away a bit.

"Yeah, totally." Dez started laughing and then guestured to Austin, Ally, me to laugh too.

And we did. And Mindy finally walked away.

"So can I take your order now?" Trish asked, coming back to the table.

"Can we get a new waitress?" What's wrong with Trish?

"Why? Cause I'm not singing?" she asked.

"No, I want her to be my waitress." Austin said, pointing to someone.

Ally and I turned around and saw a girl working behind the counter. We turned around after taking a look at her.

She's really pretty.

"Trish, who is that?"

"That's Cassidy. She's, like, our best singing waitress." She explained.

Wow. Yep. I can feel a spark of jealousy run through me. But it's okay.

"Hey, Cassidy! Come over here and tell them the specials!" 

"♫ Now the soup of the day is cream of spinach but hold on 'cause I ain't finished. I can sing a ballad about our cobb salad. ♫"