Season 4, Part 21

Falco landed on the edge of the base where the Eldians from Liberio and the Marleyan soldiers were. Armin left behind a huge crater, the bones of Eren's Founder Titan scattered around it.

Gabi, Pieck, and Falco were reunited with their families. The rest of us got off Falco's Titan, as I slumped next to Levi with my hand in his.

"So, we finally did it, huh? Is this what Erwin, Hange, Petra, Oluo, and all the others died for? Strangely, I feel nothing except relief now that Eren is..." I mumbled to him.

Levi grunted back, exhausted himself. "I want to go home already. I just want to go home with you and see our son. I finally carried out my promise to Erwin to kill Zeke, so we can live our lives in bliss now."

I smiled and leaned over, kissing his cheek. "Mhm.. I can't wait for that life. One second, I'm gonna go check on everyone."

Standing up and supporting his weight, we trudge over to Jean, Connie, Mikasa, and Gabi. I see Armin climbing and walking out of the crater he made, along with a very beat up Reiner lying on the ground not far from him.

"Hey look! That shining centipede thing!" I suddenly noticed the strange centipede from before up against the bottom of the hill the base was on, squirming and squeaming. "It got hit by that explosion.. and still survived?" Jean exclaimed.

"Who knows... All I know for sure is that we can't let it live." Levi growled.

Suddenly, there was another yellow flash behind Armin from the crater. I was expecting this, I didn't think Eren could die from something like that so easily.

"Well figures, I didn't think that would be enough to kill you." Jean sighs. "Yeah, but, what do we do now?" Said Connie after.

Eren's form was the size and shape of Armin's Colossal Titan, with the head he had before on his large boney Founding Titan body.

"You can't let that shining centipede thing come in contact with Eren! Who knows what will happen?" Gabi shrieked with terror. "It could.. even start the Rumbling again!"

"Well shit, we gotta kill it then!" I replied with a snarl, just pissed off at this point. "Yeah, but how are we going to kill something that survived the explosion just now?" Levi asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, we need to still go for Eren. You all understand now, right? Our job isn't done and this hellish nightmare won't end until we take him down." I ordered to all the Scouts present, standing up straight.

"Why..? How did it turn out this way?" Mikasa whimpered, clutching her head. Since we've landed, she hasn't been doing too hot. I don't blame her at all, Eren's been her close friend all her life. For it all to end this way where we, Eren's closest friends, have to be the ones to be his downfall...

The shining centipede thing started to produce this strange smoke, engulfing the base in it, which Gabi pointed out. "Die it die?" Mikasa questioned, leaning down onto one knee to observe it.

"No, that's not the smell of a dead thing." Connie responded. "Wait.. isn't this the same thing they did in Ragako?"

The rest of us froze. Levi and I were the first ones to quickly react.

"Oh no. Levi, Mikasa, Pieck, Falco! WE NEED TO GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" I stood up quickly, slinging Levi's arm around my shoulder again.

"Wait, what are you saying?" Pieck came forward with wide eyes. "Ackermans, Fleurs, and Titan shifters are the only exceptions. You should know what we should do better than anyone here." Levi explained to her.

"No, this is too much for me to-" Pieck started to protest, but-

"HURRY UP!" Levi shouted, making her flinch. He was right, in this situation despite it being hard she had to do this quickly.

We all piled back onto Falco, only Mikasa, Levi, Pieck, and I. We watched the others shrink into a small dots. They were all going to turn into Titans. At this point, now we were truly the only ones left.

What did we deserve to endure this..? To lose... Every person we love.

The next moment we knew, they all transformed into Titans. All of us on Falco's eyes widened from shock and disbelief.

The Titans quickly stood up and dropped off the side of the base to the relief of the shining centipede, and they all charged at Reiner in an attempt to get to Eren. Not willing to die in that moment, Reiner grabbed the centipede and tried fighting back. Pieck and Annie transformed and went to help him.

As for Mikasa, Levi, and myself, we were the last ones left. We had to get ourselves together! Mikasa couldn't take it anymore. She started screaming and crying, as Eren and Armin fought each other in their Titan forms.

"Mikasa! Get together here! The three of us are the only ones left who can kill Eren!" I seized her by her shoulders and shook her, desperate to get her back to her senses. Levi and I kept shouting at her, but our voices seemed blocked out to her as she sobbed and held onto her head.

At this point, I wanted to do the same. To scream and give up. But, I knew I couldn't do that. After a few minutes, the two of us stopped shouting. It was hopeless.

I leaned back and started crying myself. "Oh Levi, what do we do?"

Levi frowned and grabbed my hand. "We promised we would survive! We're so close now, we have to make it! Even if we're the last ones left."

"But HOW?" I cried out, pulling at my hair. "HOW LEVI? HOW ARE WE GOING TO KILL EREN AND END IT ALL? YOU'RE HURT, I'M OUT OF PLANS, MIKASA'S LOST HOPE! WHAT DO WE DO?"

Levi went quiet. He didn't have a good answer. "I don't know." He finally muttered.

Mikasa suddenly muttered something I couldn't catch. But, she pulled out her scarf from the inside of her shirt and tied it well around her neck. She had regained herself and her determination, thankfully.

"Alright. Eren's inside the mouth. I'll do it. Everyone back me up." She announced.

I smiled weakly and wiped away my tears, equipping one of the last thunder spears we had left. After all this pain and suffering, I was still able to smile even in times like this.

"Understood, Mikasa." I handed the other last thunder spear to Levi.

When Eren aimed a punch at Armin, that's when the three of us made our move. Jumping off, Levi and I blasted our thunder spears at the same time and blew apart Eren's teeth, allowing Mikasa to fly inside.

After that, my vision was engulfed with smoke as Eren's form suddenly collapsed and fell, along with Armin's almost right after. Panicking, I grabbed onto Levi and hooked my anchors into Armin's Titan flesh, and closed my eyes tight.

"See you later, Eren."