Season 4, Part 12

I sat with Jean from an open hole in the wall, watching the fires go out, the pure Titans disintegrate, and the Colossal Titans haul out of Wall Maria while smoking a cigar.

I had never smoked before, but after everything that's happened, I really needed one right now. 

This will be my first and last cigar, hopefully. I've always been able to get bad habits under control.

"Floch! Are you okay!?" I heard one soldier call in worry. I whipped my head around at the sound of his name, a piercing look of death in my eyes.

"Floch..." I snarled upon seeing him stumble in.

"Looks like while I was busy trying not to die when the walls came down, you lead the Titan hunt, Jean and Valeri." he grinned.

"So you're alive..." I groaned in disappointment, rolling my eyes.

"Yep. Thanks for the concern. You know I can't afford to die."

The next moment he knew I was raising him up by the throat, attempting to murder him. "YOU BASTARD! THIS 'YEAGERIST' SHIT IS YOUR FAULT! I'LL KILL YOU! RIGHT HERE AND NOW!" 

The five Yeagerists that tried to stop me were kicked down right away, and only Jean could bring me under control.

"FUCKING COWARD! HIDING WHILE WE WERE RISKING OUR LIVES-" I yelled at him as Jean held me back.

"Jeez, what an animal.." he spat at me, brushing himself off. He walked over to Yelena, who was sitting in a chair silently the whole time.

He held a gun to her head, but she didn't even care. "Yelena. Gather the volunteers. We're restraining you all. Including Lieutenant Valeri." I growled one last time, before jumping out the hole in wall as to escape as I was still in my ODM gear, to the house Mikasa and Armin told me they were going to so they could see the Braus family.

Once I arrived, they were both at the doorway with Mr. Braus. "Mr. Braus! So glad you're alright." I told him, jumping down.

"I feel the same 'bout you. Did ya cut your hair before battle?" He asked me, noticing my new look.

"Yeah. Long heavy hair gets in the way." I nodded

 When we got to the basement, we saw the black haired girl, Gabi, with the Braus family.

"You... why are you here?" Armin asked cautiously.

"Please believe me... I don't want to fight you anymore! I just.. want you to give Falco back. I promise we'll disappear once you do." she pleaded.

"So uh... wanna break it to her Armin?" I chuckled nervously, glancing at him. He nodded, and approached Gabi to tell her what happened.

"What? Kidnapped... to feed his mother who's been turned into a Titan...? What?! Why? Why is she a Titan to begin with?" she asked.

"Four years ago..." the blonde girl who tried to stab Gabi muttered.

"That's right... Connie's hometown is the village that was turned into Titans four years ago. For four years, Connie has been going there to see his mother. His mom was the only one that couldn't move, so she was still there."

The poor girl collapsed to her knees. "I'm sorry... but I still can't give up on Falco!" she then grabbed Armin's shirt.

"Oh! Can't Eren Yeager turn Connie's mom back into a human!? The Founding Titan can do anything, right?" she asked desperately.

"I don't know, but if he could, I imagine Eren would've turned the soldiers transformed into Titans by Zeke back into humans..."

She started desperately pleading with Armin, why he had to kill all the people outside the island, why we couldn't just ask him. "He even stripped the Armored Titan of it's armor! He must be able to do it!" Armin, Mikasa, and my eyes widened.