Season 2, Part 8

"They're here." I muttered, Mikasa and Armin by my side. Most of the officers had woken up.

"Is that...?" Moblitt wondered. "Commander Erwin! And the military police! I never thought they'd ride along the wall..." He muttered.

I was excited. Was Captain Levi with him? Would I get to see my dear Captain again!?

"Erwin! Is Levi with you?" I yelled, running to Commander Erwin. "Unfortunately not, Valeri, my sincerest apologies." He responded. I groaned disappointedly, slouching to the ground. "Why-y-y? I'm starting to go mad! Why did you assign me here Erwin?"

He sighed. "Don't worry, wait a little longer."

I groaned again, standing up and brushing myself off. "Well, I can live with that. It won't be much longer anyway, just this one last bit. I've already been through this much, just one more, one more..." I had gone paranoid, my exhaustion was getting to me, I rubbed my arm as I slowly walked away.

"Oh, also Valeri. You still hadn't forgotten about the task I assigned you for the 104th, have you?" Erwin asked me. I stopped, and turned back to face him.

"No sir, do you want me to report now?" I asked. He shook his head. "No, your mission is still active. Don't forget your instructions." I nodded my head at him, before turning away again.

"You made it, Commander Erwin!" I heard Moblitt exclaimed excitedly to the Commander.

"Is the situation the same?" Erwin asked.

"Yes sir." Moblitt responded.

"Good. Deploy the lifts!" Erwin ordered, so the horses and materials could be taken up.

Hange suddenly crawled quickly past me, grabbing onto Moblitt's leg. "Hange!?" He gasped. "Get me a map!" She gasped in pain.

He fetched her a map, and came back giving it to her. Everyone surrounded Hange to hear what she had to say.

"It might be a long shot, but there's a giant forest here. We should head straight for it. Though, it's not like they have a way to hide the Armored Titan's footsteps, but I think that's where they've headed." She said.

"Why's that?" asked Erwin.

"It's a gamble, but even if they have strength to turn into Titans, the other Titans outside the wall might still be a threat. Especially after all that fighting. They might not be off as bad as Eren, but I'm sure they're exhausted. Like how Annie was out cold for awhile. Let's assume for now that their destination is somewhere outside of Wall Maria. Considering the distance they'll have to cover,  we can assume they'll need to recover their stamina. Which means they'll want to rest somewhere where Titans are unable to reach them. At least until nightfall when Titans can't move!" Everyone nodded, understanding.

A sadistic smile appeared on my face, as a blood curdling laugh escaped my lips.

"Oh, Bertholdt and Reiner, you traitorous bastards! When I set my eyes on you both again I will carve you both up! You... Will... Pay!" I rang out loud to myself. Everyone around me was hurrying getting ready to leave, giving me a strange look.

"Valeri, where is your horse?" Erwin asked me. The smile slipped off my face. "Sunflower is dead. She died during the Utgard attack." I said bluntly. "Oh," said Erwin. "Well, you'll have to use one of the spare ones. We'll let you pick a replacement from the best of the best horses when we get back." I nodded. "Hange told me that as well."

We were all lined up at the wall, waiting for the lifts to come. The sun was just about to set. We mounted our horses, and rode off in the formation.