Season 4, Part 4

"So there really are towns outside the walls, and people living in them too." Connie exclaimed, looking around.

"Don't say that kind of thing around others!" hissed Jean, elbowing him. "Yeah yeah, I know." Connie rolled his eyes, sighing.

"At long last, we will be the first who live within the walls to step foot on land outside them!" Sasha gasped with excitement. "...What did I just say?" Jean asked, doubting her stupidity.

"You could say we're going back to our roots on this mission. Let the survey begin!" Hange announced, once we got off the ship.

We all stood together in a tight group, looking around at everything with wide eyes and dropped jaws.

"Wow! Amazing!" I squealed, squeezing Levi's arm a bit too hard. "Oi, Valeri. For a 21 year old woman turning 22 in two months, you sure act more like a 4 year old. You're almost becoming a duplicate of Hange." Levi scolded, squirming a bit from the tight grip I had on him.

I sighed, chuckling a bit. "Sorry, sorry." I twirled my braid between my fingers, my red silk ribbon tied into a pretty bow on the end. My hair had grown long to back length, and my hair had become more wavy. We were all wearing suits and hats, like those in a mafia. Well, the girls except for Hange were wearing long skirts.

"You look so handsome! Like one of those gangsters in the mafia." I snickered seeing Levi once we changed back at Hizuru. "Shut it, we're wearing the same thing." He growled, ruffling my hair.

"Welcome to the continent of Marley, allow me to guide you to Ms. Azumabito's estate." Onyankopon greeted us, acting as our escort.

We all gasped, "oohed" and "ahhed" at things we've never seen before. As expected, my squad started acting like idiots once they saw a metal contraption I studied all about a few months ago called a 'car.' Of course Hange, Sasha and Connie were going to be the first ones to freak out.

"Huhh!? That horse... Huh? Is that a horse!?" Connie asked. "No, isn't that a cow!? It's kinda a cow!" Sasha claimed. "It's a car! We heard about them before coming! Hello car!" Hange greeted the machine as though it were alive.

"Sigh... There goes our cover. Those three shouting in the middle of the street. Everyone thinks they're crazy probably." I smiled, shaking my head at their foolishness.

"If we don't stop them, they're gonna try to feed carrots to that lump of iron." Levi told Onyankopon, with me nodding seriously. "Hah! Oh please.." he doubted us.

"Nooo- NO WAIT THEY'RE BUYING CARROTS SASHA CONNIE HANGE STOP IT-" I freaked out and dragged them away, taking away their money and apologizing to the merchant as the three of them protested. "You're the commander, by the walls Hange!" I hissed.

Pretty much for the rest of the way Sasha kept buying anything that looked like food, while Jean, Levi and I kept trying to hold her back.

She stopped to get something cold, and once she cried out it tasted good, everyone- as I mean just the kids, started gathering around it.

"You guys gotta try this too!" Jean told us. "All this talk about blending in..." Levi groaned. "It's all right. No one's gonna think we're those island devils." Hange smiled at their excitement and curiosity.

"I'm getting some ice cream for us, Hange, Levi. I'm sorry, I know I'm supposed to act like an adult, but I can't contain myself!" I let out a big smile, whipping out my full bag of allowance money. "It's fine, Valeri. It's our first time out of the walls." Levi shrugged.

I returned with three cones of "vanilla," and handed two of them to Hange and Levi. The man had "chocolate" and "strawberry," but I only knew what vanilla was so I got that flavor.