A Talk With Eren

"Valeri."

My eyes suddenly opened. Right in front of me, was Eren. But, he was a child. His 9-year old self back in the year 845, when we were blissfully happy in ignorance.

I realized I was shorter, and looked down at myself. The old gray dress and patchwork leather shoes donned on my 14-year old body, and my hair tickled my shoulders in an auburn hazel color.

"Eren. Did you want to talk?" I stared right into his clear green eyes. I didn't cry, nor laugh. In this moment, I felt neither any positive or negative emotion seeing Eren.

"Yes. I figured before I went away, I would talk with each of you. I figured this would be the perfect memorable place to do so." He shrugged, and sat down on the bank of the river flowing through Shiganshina.

"Eren. I get you did this for freedom and all, and from seeing the future from your powers gained from the Attack Titan, but was it necessary to beat up Armin? To KISS me, a married woman?" I frowned and slapped the back of his head in disapproval.

In this situation, from the way I behaved it felt like we were children again, me behaving as an older sister to Eren, Mikasa, and Armin within the walls of Shiganshina. Everyone we knew were alive: Carla Yeager, Hannes, Hange and Erwin, Levi Squad, and everyone else who died along this very long and painful journey of loss and suffering.

"I wanted to push you all away, and I said before. I needed to do that at least once. I've had this silly crush on you ever since I was a kid, Valeri. Even after we met again after 5 years when I thought you were dead, and realized how much you had changed from the innocent, loving sister-like friend.. I still longed after you. Even when I saw you had a relationship with Captain Levi, I envied that. I pushed it away to the back of my mind. But then, I realized.." he leaned back and stared at the sky.

"I... I loved Mikasa. A-And I don't want her to lose her feelings for me ever, even though I said I wanted her to forget me after I died!  Yeah, I was an asshole but.. I want Mikasa to keep her feelings for me!" He blushed furiously, covering his face.

I tried to hold in a laugh, but it ended up bursting out in a hideous cackle. "No way, you had a CRUSH on me?? That was something you should've grown out of ages ago, bahaha! Well, you should also be telling Mikasa that, and better yet should APOLOGIZE to her, you asshole Eren." I grabbed his shoulder and shook it.

"Anyway, Eren. What the hell will happen? How will the rest of the world even react to this?" My smile quickly turned to a frown, as I looked at him for an answer.

"The world won't retaliate for a long time. Being seen as "island devils" who stood by the side of humanity and turned their backs on Paradis, you'll be seen as saviors and the most respected people in the world. Besides, the world won't be able to retaliate immediately. 80% of humanity was wiped out during the Rumbling..."

My face went pale. "80%?! By the fucking walls Maria, Rose, and Sina- which don't exist anymore- Eren.. did you really have to go that far??"

Eren didn't answer me, but got up. "Valeri, let's go."

"Go where?" I stood up as well, tilting my head.

"I want to show you your parents. That's the least I can do, anyway. When we were little, you would go about how you've wanted to meet them, while holding onto that pendant from your mother." He pointed at the pendant around my neck, which I've honestly forgotten I had the whole time.

"No, Eren. I don't want to see my parents."

He stopped in his tracks. "What? Why?"

"Eren, I've accepted the fact they're long dead, and I'll never get to see or know them. Seeing them in some dream world won't do anything, and I've never even been attached to them or anything. Besides-" I started blushing a bit, "you, Levi, Mikasa, Armin.. everyone else, they're all my true family anyway."

Eren blushed again. "...Even after all I've done, you still consider me a friend, more or less family?"

I chuckled and placed my hands on my hips. I suddenly realized that we both were older, from 6 years ago when he was 15 and I was 19. "Well, I still haven't forgiven you for everything. But, Eren, I just wanna say.."

I leaned forward and hugged him. Now we were at our current age and appearance, and we were standing in front of the ocean by the shoreline of Paradis. "You became a mass murderer for our sake. But, you can't be forgiven for your sins- not after all the people you've killed. So... Thank you. I promise I'll remember you after you die, and knowing you, you don't want to die. You want to be with Mikasa and everyone else- but.." Tears started forming in my eyes.

Eren closed his eyes and hugged me back. "I'm sorry. You're right about that. Even if I didn't know you'd stop me, I wanted to level this place. Flatten every forest and leave the earth a blank plain... I wanted to do that, for some reason."

He backed away, looking down at me. "It's time.. I'm erasing your memories of this place, and next time we meet we'll be trying to kill each other. By then, I'm sure your memories of this place will return."

Chuckling, I rubbed the back of my head. "Well, I promise I won't let this go to waste eren. I'll do my best!"

Eren nodded. "I don't know what will happen after I die, but I know you will have truly avenged everyone you care for. You can live a life peacefully with Levi and your child, while at the same time as the new commander of the Scouts you will be the one to rebuild Paradis Island alongside Historia. Goodbye, Valeri.."

.

.

.

.
.
.

I woke up after a long sleep next to Levi on a pile of blankets. We had been sailing for a few hours now, I suppose, after killing all those Yeagerists to get away.