Epilogue

When we woke up, thankfully, Jean, Connie, Gabi, and the others had returned to normal. The bones of Eren and Armin's Titans lay decomposing as steam absorbed us. Levi and I sat laying against a rock, hand in hand. I had remembered everything Eren told me on that boat.

"Haha.. Eren, you're a little shit to the end." I chuckled weakly to myself. I stood up, and noticed Armin. Too weak to get up, I tucked my head on Levi's shoulder, silent tears flooding out my eyes.

"Armin." Mikasa walked out of the steam, clutching onto something that was Eren's..

Armin and Mikasa cried together, holding Eren's cold head.

"Levi, can you see them?" I clutched his hand tighter than before. Right now, I could see every comrade we've lost. Erwin, Hange, the Levi squad, Mike, Moblitt, Nanaba and Gelgar, and everyone else.

"Yeah, I see them all too. Guess this is the result.. all of your devoted hearts." Levi responded, looking at them as well.

All of them saluted at us, and then faded away to finally truly rest. Finally, they know the result of what their deaths meant, after 100 years inside those hellish walls. No... 2000 years of clashing and pain.

As they disappeared, both Levi and myself saluted back. It was the best way we could both think of for a proper send-off at that moment.

The others rejoiced, meeting their loved ones safely. Reuniting with friends and family, now knowing it was all over and the Titans no longer existed. This meant Levi, Mikasa and I were no superhuman and we were now just normal humans. The nine shifters were free from the Curse of Ymir. I couldn't have wished for anything better.

Both of us closed our eyes. So this was peace, huh?

"I am Valeri Fleur of Paradis Island, my parents, friends, and loved ones sacrificed themselves for the sake of humanity, and I ended up following their path. Who are you, Levi?"

"Me? I'm the father of Leonard Ackerman and the loving husband of Valeri Fleur. Nothing less, nothing more." Levi mumbled back, rubbing his thumb against my hand.

I smiled and kissed his cheek. "That's more than enough for me."

3 Years Later

First of all, let me explain the events from the beginning to now.

As Commander Pyxis, Dok, and Premier Zackly were dead, I was the only one left to put the military and the whole island back together. Alongside Historia, the two of us worked to fix the when system of Paradis in the year 846. I worked on the military and elected new officials to replace the old ones that had all turned into Titans, and then officially retired the Survey Corps altogether by the start of 847. Besides, there wasn't a need for the Survey Corps anymore.

Titans no longer existed (so did the walls). There was nothing left to explore, as we had accomplished our true goals as Scouts.

Levi and I opened a tea shop together in Shiganshina, living with our son Leo in 847. In fact, it was on the exact location where Eren's house used to stand. Mikasa buried Eren's head at the tree where he liked to nap when we were children.

Right after I retired, the Yeagerists took control and built a so-called army, and are focusing on building their military while the world heals from their scars and trauma. Fearful of retaliation from what is left of the world, the island of Paradis yells out as one.

This fight will not end until either the world or Eldia disappears. That is what Eren said, and he may be right. Even so, he chose to leave this world in our hands. This place we now live in. A world without Titans.